Do you think the Axl fans are getting more deranged with each passing year?

It seems like every year that Axl doesn't release music, the Axl fans get more and more desperate.

I remember before ChiDem came out, there wasn't nearly as much Slash-hate and venom as there is these days.

My heart goes out the Axl fans, all these years, they've been championing Axl, and now 20 years later, it's obvious that he never had any intent to move the band forward.

They follow Axl like he's the fucking Yeti or something, but they don't seem to understand the first thing about him. It's like the are literally wearing blinders.

Can you imagine if the die-hard "Axl-and-GN'R-are-just-as-normal-as-any-other-band" crew, ever really took a step back and viewed all of this objectively?

Can you imagine if the die-hard "Axl-and-GN'R-are-just-as-normal-as-any-other-band" crew, ever really took a step back and viewed all of this objectively?

Oh, I suspect they do in a quiet moment.

But people are dug in. They see it as their duty to act as his campaign manager. Everything is rosy 24/7/365 and anyone that that can't get onboard with the sunshine and puppy dog tails outlook can fuck right off.

It seems like every year that Axl doesn't release music, the Axl fans get more and more desperate.

I remember before ChiDem came out, there wasn't nearly as much Slash-hate and venom as there is these days.

My heart goes out the Axl fans, all these years, they've been championing Axl, and now 20 years later, it's obvious that he never had any intent to move the band forward.

They follow Axl like he's the fucking Yeti or something, but they don't seem to understand the first thing about him. It's like the are literally wearing blinders.

As long as I live, I'll never understand the whole "You have to hate Slash to be an Axl fan" thing.

As long as I live, I'll never understand the whole "You have to hate Slash to be an Axl fan" thing.

Well, it's something that Axl Rose, Del James, Jarmo, Team Brasil and Lisa Reed, etc. have actively cultivated and encouraged.

Edited by John Bonham

Well, it's something that Axl, Del, Jarmo, Team Brasil and Lisa Reded, etc. have actively cultivated and encouraged.

I'm not saying the culture doesn't exist, I'm saying I'll never understand it. I've said it many times in the past, but I already went through this once before with the Waters/Floyd split. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now.

To be honest, I think there are people in both "camps" taking it way too far. I don't know if it gets worse each year, since I've only been following this forum for a few months.

And I agree with Russ, I don't see why you have to hate Slash to be an Axl-fan. Makes no sense to me at all. Why should you have to choose sides ? It's not as if we're in a personal relationship with either of them.

To be honest, I think there are people in both "camps" taking it way too far. I don't know if it gets worse each year, since I've only been following this forum for a few months.

And I agree with Russ, I don't see why you have to hate Slash to be an Axl-fan. Makes no sense to me at all. Why should you have to choose sides ? It's not as if we're in a personal relationship with either of them.

Weird, isn't it? There are several posters on here who physically hate Slash. Probably more than Axl does. Why? Who knows, but it is creepy. I suppose they think that by hating Slash, maybe Axl or Beta will be friends with them on Facebook and maybe.....just maybe......they'll exchange a personal message! And Axl and Beta will see what great "real" fans they are that maybe.....just maybe......Team Brazil will see what show they are going to attend, give them backstage passes, and then they'll get to hang out and chill with Axl.

JB - I think you are correct.

In the past you'd only have a few real crazy psychos like Maribeth/Warchild defending and worshipping Axl. But now, especially with the lack of music to talk about, there seems to be more warchild-like posters that really concentrate on trying to discredit Slash at every opportunity. It really is amusing to watch. Weird and creepy - but funny to watch.

And the negativity really gets flamed when Del, Beta, Fernando come out publically and insult GnR fans. They can't give fans updates on the band, but they can sure tweet and send out messages that insult or call fans names. :crazy:

Edited by Groghan
  • Like 1