Will there ever be "new" Guns and Roses?

Loot Man

They say, that rock n roll is dead, and when you think about it, it can be true. Other music genres dominate and the rock-music seems to have missed to the margin. Of course there are still good rock bands, but they have no balls and no skills, unlike Guns N Roses had. So: will there ever be a similar band and phenomenon what Guns had in the past?

I guess that Guns was the last.

22 minutes ago, Loot Man said:

They say, that rock n roll is dead, and when you think about it, it can be true. Other music genres dominate and the rock-music seems to have missed to the margin. Of course there are still good rock bands, but they have no balls and no skills, unlike Guns N Roses had. So: will there ever be a similar band and phenomenon what Guns had in the past?

I guess that Guns was the last.

Rock n roll has become a niche genre, there are tons of great bands playin around but youll probably never heard of them cause they are faded to obscurity. 

The thing is GNR sounded like a hybrid of Hanoi Rocks and Thin Lizzy. There’s been bands that sounded similar to them The Almighty, The Darkness, Cinderella. GNR sound like a lot of orher bands from Stones to Zepp to NIN so it’s hard to say if no one can sound like them. But a singer frontman like Axl is once a generation and a writer like Izzy and populist guitar hero like Slash. It’s once every decade. The format or career arch just didn’t exist for The Strokes or Jack White. 

But what seems unlikely is a band selling so much and making so much money and having huge videos and tours. You need money to live the lavish lifestyles to create the buzz etc. 

If Axl and Izzy came out today they be a reggae rap duo on Soundcloud and maybe become millionaires but not such a part of the rock history cannon. 

Edited by wasted

No I don’t think so. I feel like gnr made it at the perfect time where people were getting tired of glam metal and needed their ass kicked with gritty rock n roll. However, even with that, nirvana came around and sort of changed the game in 92 so it wasn’t like gnr had this huge decade long run of music domination. 

Despite all that, there will never be another duo like Axl Rose or Slash imo and I don’t think any band in the future can even come close to replicating the lighting in the bottle that the original 5 captured. 

As far as rock today, it’s not “dead” but it’s fading away fast. I don’t see the typical rock n roll lifestyle ever seeing the light of day again because it’s easier to control 1 artist than 5 for people in the industry as I think Guns N’ Roses was indeed the last old school rock n roll band. Right now, music is dominated by pop, edm, pop country, and commercial rap which ironically has turned into the equivalent of the glam metal scene of the 80s in terms of stale, redundant club tracks being spammed. So maybe there will be a “gnr” type music artist down the line, just not in the rock genre. 

Edited by Loseyourillusions98