The band called AXL actually is Hollywood Rose!

MrSpaghetti

Who came up with the idea for the name of the band? I guess AXL was Axl?

Axl called the name of the band AXL and then slowly but surely he wanted to take on that name for himself. So he took that name, but I never called him Axl. He was always Bill when I was in the band. Then he reinvented himself. AXL was the original name. After maybe 2 or 3 shows, the name was changed to Rose. Axl Rose (then Bill) had some sort of fall out with Izzy and I and to continue playing as a band , Izzy said we were to change our name to Rose, and we did. The word Hollywood was added when I stumbled upon the name Rose being used by another band. I think they were on the East coast, maybe New York. This was towards the end. It was always the same band, except for the bass player change mid-way. The name of the band (Guns N´ Roses) came because at one point we broke up after a show and Axl joined Tracii´s band LA Guns. So Axl sang with LA Guns for a little while and I think he did some recordings. Then when he came back, when they merged, and this was after I left because I was in Hollywood Rose, they just put the two names together and that´s when Tracii took the spot that I left open. Then Slash joined and then I played another show actually. I played a final show about six months after I left the band. By that time it was…you have to get an exact timeline to figure out what was what.

- Chris Weber

Full Interview: https://rocksverige.se/intervju-chris-weber-om-hollywood-rose/

On 20/12/2018 at 10:57 PM, MrSpaghetti said:

Who came up with the idea for the name of the band? I guess AXL was Axl?

Axl called the name of the band AXL and then slowly but surely he wanted to take on that name for himself. So he took that name, but I never called him Axl. He was always Bill when I was in the band. Then he reinvented himself. AXL was the original name. After maybe 2 or 3 shows, the name was changed to Rose. Axl Rose (then Bill) had some sort of fall out with Izzy and I and to continue playing as a band , Izzy said we were to change our name to Rose, and we did. The word Hollywood was added when I stumbled upon the name Rose being used by another band. I think they were on the East coast, maybe New York. This was towards the end. It was always the same band, except for the bass player change mid-way. The name of the band (Guns N´ Roses) came because at one point we broke up after a show and Axl joined Tracii´s band LA Guns. So Axl sang with LA Guns for a little while and I think he did some recordings. Then when he came back, when they merged, and this was after I left because I was in Hollywood Rose, they just put the two names together and that´s when Tracii took the spot that I left open. Then Slash joined and then I played another show actually. I played a final show about six months after I left the band. By that time it was…you have to get an exact timeline to figure out what was what.

- Chris Weber

Full Interview: https://rocksverige.se/intervju-chris-weber-om-hollywood-rose/

i want those recordings!

:headbang:

10 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i want those recordings!

They did a cover version of Heartbreak Hotel, but Axl's vocals were removed after he left L. A. Guns. 

(Source: Raz Cue - The Days of Guns, and Raz's) 

Edited by Sosso

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

They did a cover version of Heartbreak Hotel, but Axl's vocals were removed after he left L. A. Guns. 

(Source: Raz Cue - The Days of Guns, and Raz's) 

wow great info!

i truly would like to listen to all axl studio and live recordings with la guns

holy grail stuff i am pretty sure!

i have seen some setlists and there is a handful of different (uncirculated) songs with Axl since that I am pretty certain are all priceless

hopefully someone recorded and kept those songs and hopefully they will surface soon!

12 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

wow great info!

i truly would like to listen to all axl studio and live recordings with la guns

holy grail stuff i am pretty sure!

i have seen some setlists and there is a handful of different (uncirculated) songs with Axl since that I am pretty certain are all priceless

hopefully someone recorded and kept those songs and hopefully they will surface soon!

Agreed! I'm heavily interested in the pre-AfD history. Some of the songs on AfD, Lies and UYI I were already written during that period. 

One of the most important documents is the radio interview from March 1985. Think About You, Don't Cry and Anything Goes were already a part of their setlist. It's the same with Shadow of Your Love, Heartbreak Hotel and Move to the City. 

Edited by Sosso

15 hours ago, Sosso said:

Agreed! I'm heavily interested in the pre-AfD history. Some of the songs on AfD, Lies and UYI I were already written during that period. 

One of the most important documents is the radio interview from March 1985. Think About You, Don't Cry and Anything Goes were already a part of their setlist. It's the same with Shadow of Your Love, Heartbreak Hotel and Move to the City. 

check this out...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/la-guns/1984/troubadour-west-hollywood-ca-7bdc52ac.html

there are at least 3 SONGS with Axl singing that are not in circulation...

BLOODSHOT EYES

IF YOU DON'T LOVE ME

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

If i remember correctly Marc Canter or someone else shared a clip of one of these songs, right?

and there is probably a few MORE SONGS from Axl times in LA GUNS...

seriously, this must be fantastic!