Leeds 02

YoWzA

Leeds '02 was fucking amazing, best gig I've ever been to.

I went to two shows in '06 and both were absolutely brilliant, but Leeds was just that little bit more special.

Has better footage of Leeds '02 ever surfaced? The video I've had for years is of a guy filming the big screen to the left of the stage.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds '02 was fucking amazing, best gig I've ever been to.

I went to two shows in '06 and both were absolutely brilliant, but Leeds was just that little bit more special.

Has better footage of Leeds '02 ever surfaced? The video I've had for years is of a guy filming the big screen to the left of the stage.

Its the only version I think :(

The Wembley 06 ones were fantastic. Although Boston 2002 ruled. But, IMHO - MSG 2002 was the best ever - let alone by New Gunners

I don't have the MSG 02, can you hook me up with it?

Of course Leigh - all credit to messirs ssiscool and Karri:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=80603 - Audio

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=69548 - Video

Enjoy :)

There was something about the show. Axl had a great stage performance. The Blues and Paradise City were both awesome. Axl looked pretty cool with hes red bandana and a little bit younger then he does no

He must have 'cause he was fucking five years younger :rofl-lol:

Actually, Rock In Rio III ruled.

He hadnt voice on that show. But Jungle intro and outro scream was one of the best scream i ever have seen. Think about you, You could be mine and paradadise city was a shame.

In Leeds Axl moved like in the old days, i think he sang much better then in rio 01. he diddnt looked botoxed or anything.

is there any proshot of this show btw?i guess axls crew filmed it.

yes the asian and european shows in 2002 sounded really really great, they were very solid especially London. Particularly Brain's drumset had that really good solid sound to it. Though I'd rather brand something from 2006 as the best show...like either Prague 6/13 or Roskilde 6/29

Roskilde consert really got bashed in the media. I have seen Albany and Boston, but leeds is so much better. Axls looks like hes in the late 80s on stage.

Nothing from 02 sounded good. MSG was optimistic, because thats as good as anyone thought it was going to get. Let's face it though, Axl could flat out not sing back then. Whatever his problem was, he fixed it. He couldn't hit notes, he started to get back in shape, but that helium voice nearly make me cry. If you think Axl sounded "amazing" in 02', your ears are broken. Same way as stupid people say Finckis better than Slash. Yeah, they must be guitar players.

Actually, Rock In Rio III ruled.

He hadnt voice on that show. But Jungle intro and outro scream was one of the best scream i ever have seen. Think about you, You could be mine and paradadise city was a shame.

Agreed -those screams were top notch.

And the voice was better than some 91/92/93 recordings... eurgh.

There was something about the show. Axl had a great stage performance. The Blues and Paradise City were both awesome. Axl looked pretty cool with hes red bandana and a little bit younger then he does no

Yada, yada, yada. Stage presence is important and all, but if you go to a concert, you expect a good performance musically by the band. And in 2002 Guns N' Roses clearly did not deliver so. Axl Rose sounded like a little girl whining.

atleast he could do the snakedance

hes trademark

just watch the show again...so much better then theese days.

No not the voice..but I would rather go to a 02 show

I couldn't give a shit about not seeing the snake dance... If he does it, cool, if he doesn't, I don't care. What I do care is if he sounds good or not and I do not want to see Guns N' Roses in concert with Axl sounding like a fag.