Tame Impala

highvoltage

Anyone heard of these guys Internationally? Just curious - they're gaining steady popularity over in Australia despite the style of music.

They're a pretty sweet Psychedelic band, kinda like Cream meeting Queens of the Stone age...

Desire Be, Desire Go

- This one is a must listen. Really original cover!

Thoughts?

• 8 months later...

Their new album is so awesome. Much better than the EP imo.

Completely agree. It's easy to forget how young these guys are, so in the 2 years that elapsed since they recorded the EP, they've toured really heavily, built up a following and grown a lot as musicians. It's a really great debut.

Completely agree. It's easy to forget how young these guys are, so in the 2 years that elapsed since they recorded the EP, they've toured really heavily, built up a following and grown a lot as musicians. It's a really great debut.

I think the fact that Pitchfork gave them such a high rating will bring them a lot of indie hype in America (where they were really obscure before). They actually popped up in a thread on another message board about a month ago (before the album was out) and I remembered listening to the EP and was really glad that I'd heard about them before, or it might have taken me longer to get around listening to this thing. The singer sounds so much like Lennon on some of the tracks that it's freaky.

I thought the ep was amazing, but I'm yet to feel the same way about the album. Hopefully it will grow on me to justify all this hype they've been getting for the past few months. I'm sure it will.... I think

I think the fact that Pitchfork gave them such a high rating will bring them a lot of indie hype in America (where they were really obscure before). They actually popped up in a thread on another message board about a month ago (before the album was out) and I remembered listening to the EP and was really glad that I'd heard about them before, or it might have taken me longer to get around listening to this thing. The singer sounds so much like Lennon on some of the tracks that it's freaky.

I didn't even know Pitchfork had reviewed them... lol

I didn't even know Pitchfork had reviewed them... lol

I don't even know why I ever go to that site. I hate it, but morbid curiosity makes me check the ratings sometimes.