"Guns N' Roses Singer Visits Cancer Charity" (w. Pic)

Kipketer

84axlrosetctl100806ln1.jpg

Guns N' Roses singer visits cancer charity

Surprise visit to the Teenage Cancer Trust

Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose has made a surprise visit to the Teenage Cancer Trust Ward at the University

College Hospital in London.

The singer had just completed Guns N' Roses' controversial European tour, culminating with a final date at

Wembley Arena a week last Sunday (July 30).

Simon Davies the CEO of the Teenage Cancer Trust Ward said: "We were so touched that Axl wanted to visit

the Teenage Cancer Trust ward in London.

"Axl spent time speaking with each of the patients individually asking about their diagnosis and treatment,

and what they enjoyed doing when they were not in hospital. Speaking with patients after Axl's visit, I got a

real sense of just how excited they were to have met him and how much it lifted their spirits."

The Teenage Cancer Trustis known for its strong links with rock music. Each year The Who singer Roger

Daltrey produces a week of shows at the Royal Albert Hall, which this year featured Bloc Party and

Razorlight.

Source: http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/23880

Edited by jack99

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/23880

Simon Davies the CEO of the Teenage Cancer Trust Ward said: "We were so touched that Axl wanted to visit the Teenage Cancer Trust ward in London.

"Axl spent time speaking with each of the patients individually asking about their diagnosis and treatment, and what they enjoyed doing when they were not in hospital. Speaking with patients after Axl's visit, I got a real sense of just how excited they were to have met him and how much it lifted their spirits."

Who wouldn't be touched?

I've been wondering, is this the first time Axl does this kind of gesture?

that actually brought a tear to my eye

I’m literally in tears.

Yeah same here. Im one of those people who get very upset when i see people very ill and i sort of have a fear of hospitals. Thats such a nice gesture by Axl. Shows he does care about other people.

thats a nice gesture' taking time out to talk to people less fortunate than ones self

on a side note though

one member uses it as an excuse to have a go at other members, i suggest admin look into this members behaviour on this forum :)

What's also a good thing is to see them report positive stuff like this as well instead of just the stuff like being arrested in Sweden. It's great to see this makes the news as well!

Considering it's British Press Im extremely surprised. It must be some new guy on the job....