Oasis

inthisriver

they are FUCKING amazing albums!!!!!!!! definitely maybe is such a fucking hardass fucking debut. its incredible. people dont get this about Oasis but they are built to listen to LOUD! that Steve Jones-esque wall of sound, its so fucking powerhouse when you crank it up and whats even better about it is that its so well paced, its not blitzspeed fast (not that theres anything wrong with that) but it works so well, they sound like a jumped up beatles (total overstatement) its so amazing, its melodic, its loud, its got those kind of disposable but poigniant lyrics. definitely maybe is a fucking CLASSIC and Morning Glory pisses on any of these fucking bands that have come post 95, Oasis are fucking imperial over rock n roll for a decade now, even more. Liams sneering fucking vocal that somehow fits the most touching ballad is such an anomoly, they even look incredible, Liam is such a unique frontman, no dance, none of that, its like fuck you, what i've come to give dont need no fucking gift wrapping!!! those two albums are fucking intense, their lyrics strike that delicate balance between upbeat, intense and weary, it comes off as so poetic, i absolutely adore them!!! Morning Glory and Hello, cranked up in the morning make life worth it. there is literally not a bad song on either album, they are among few albums that i just put on and like...intending to listen to one song and end up listening to it all and by the end, you know where its at. i love em, no bullshit, no fluff, just plain fucking excellence. ESPECIALLY those two albums! what defines Oasis for me is they can be saying "we lived in the shadows and we had the chance and threw it away and its never gonna be the same" and you're listening to it and wanting to jump through the fucking roof! love em, can't praise em enough, absolutely fucking incredible!

they are FUCKING amazing albums!!!!!!!! definitely maybe is such a fucking hardass fucking debut. its incredible. people dont get this about Oasis but they are built to listen to LOUD! that Steve Jones-esque wall of sound, its so fucking powerhouse when you crank it up and whats even better about it is that its so well paced, its not blitzspeed fast (not that theres anything wrong with that) but it works so well, they sound like a jumped up beatles (total overstatement) its so amazing, its melodic, its loud, its got those kind of disposable but poigniant lyrics. definitely maybe is a fucking CLASSIC and Morning Glory pisses on any of these fucking bands that have come post 95, Oasis are fucking imperial over rock n roll for a decade now, even more. Liams sneering fucking vocal that somehow fits the most touching ballad is such an anomoly, they even look incredible, Liam is such a unique frontman, no dance, none of that, its like fuck you, what i've come to give dont need no fucking gift wrapping!!! those two albums are fucking intense, their lyrics strike that delicate balance between upbeat, intense and weary, it comes off as so poetic, i absolutely adore them!!! Morning Glory and Hello, cranked up in the morning make life worth it. there is literally not a bad song on either album, they are among few albums that i just put on and like...intending to listen to one song and end up listening to it all and by the end, you know where its at. i love em, no bullshit, no fluff, just plain fucking excellence. ESPECIALLY those two albums! what defines Oasis for me is they can be saying "we lived in the shadows and we had the chance and threw it away and its never gonna be the same" and you're listening to it and wanting to jump through the fucking roof! love em, can't praise em enough, absolutely fucking incredible!

Dude, I totally share your enthusiasm. I've only just gotten into them but I can't deny their brilliance. I forgot what song it was,(maybe Surpersonic) and I wasn't expecting much. And I got about half way through the song, I thought "What the fuck, this shit is fucking amazing..." and then I just listened to both albums straight through since. I was so surprised and caught off gard by how good it was, or how much I immediatley liked it, I think I'm still in shock. It reminds of when I first started listening to GNR and had the same kinda of moment, where I was just in awe of how the music made me felt. I think thats why I love exploring new music now... it can just be so amzing sometimes, even if I have wade through a bunch of crap before you find something thats just killer...

Dude, I totally share your enthusiasm. I've only just gotten into them but I can't deny their brilliance. I forgot what song it was,(maybe Surpersonic) and I wasn't expecting much. And I got about half way through the song, I thought "What the fuck, this shit is fucking amazing..." and then I just listened to both albums straight through since. I was so surprised and caught off gard by how good it was, or how much I immediatley liked it, I think I'm still in shock. It reminds of when I first started listening to GNR and had the same kinda of moment, where I was just in awe of how the music made me felt. I think thats why I love exploring new music now... it can just be so amzing sometimes, even if I have wade through a bunch of crap before you find something thats just killer...

what Oasis suffered from most in our times is that its very fashionable nowadays to have an opinion...even before you've heard the music. but when you settle down and open your ears, its there man, its all there with these motherfuckers.

Theyre both fukin awsome records. I dont think mornin glory has stood the test of time quite like definately maybe has though. The masterplan is fukin great aswell. It was so exciting when oasis first came out, in fact that whole britpop thing was really cool, with like the whole blur vs oasis thing, the stone roses, pulp, supergrass, the verve, kula shaker, it was a really exciting time for music.

Oasis were my favourite band at that time until i started listening to the stone roses. Their two albums are fukin amazing. Any fans of the roses?

Yeah Im a fan of The Stone Roses, went to Versus Cancer on the 30th of March in Mancheter, and Ian Brown was playing, and mani had a DJ set, and for the finale, those 2 got on stage with the Happy

Mondays guitarist, The Stone Roses' dancer and Weller's drummer and did I Am The Resurrection! Mental. Noel Gallagher and Gem from Oasis, Echo & The Bunnymen and The Charlatans were also there, it was mental!

I saw Oasis Feb 2006 in Nottingham as well, they are incredible. Definately Maybe is such a raw, powerful and emotional album, while Morning Glory is like the fuck off version! Get Be Here Now, thats basically Oasis with balls to do something MEGA, and get Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants, thats basically Oasis getting paranoid. My how underated BHN and SOTSOG are.

Wish id been older during the 90s to experience Britpop.

I can honestly say that these albums are 2 of the most fantastic albums ever.DM is the last rock n' roll album made,today's bands are so shit and retro...I miss the real rock vibe from DM and WTSMG era.

Check Be Here Now and listen to "Fade in out",fantastic intro played by Johnny Depp,and tons of other great songs inside of it.

And yeah..I think Eric and Madison should open an Oasis section on this forum.

If it happens,I'll post Chinese Democracy here and Stop the Clocks,the song. :)

Edited by Gallagher Rose

I can honestly say that these albums are 2 of the most fantastic albums ever.DM is the last rock n' roll album made,today's bands are so shit and retro...I miss the real rock vibe from DM and WTSMG era.

Check Be Here Now and listen to "Fade in out",fantastic intro played by Johnny Depp,and tons of other great songs inside of it.

And yeah..I think Eric and Madison should open an Oasis section on this forum.

If it happens,I'll post Chinese Democracy here and Stop the Clocks,the song. :)

Has the song Stop the Clocks leaked yet?

It was supposed to be on the retrospective album earlier this year - but they ended up not putting it on, which is pretty stupid considering the title of the album.

Has the song Stop the Clocks leaked yet?

It was supposed to be on the retrospective album earlier this year - but they ended up not putting it on, which is pretty stupid considering the title of the album.

Nah. Noel played it live once, I've heard conflicting stories of crappy bootlegs from that show, a charity gig if I remember correctly.

Stop the Clocks is the Chinese Democracy of Oasis. I believe I read that Noel considered it for the upcoming album though, along with other tunes that have been spoken about for quite some time; I Want to Live My Dream in a Record Machine and Liam's The Boy with the Blues... but you never know with Noel, he got talk about a solo album going earlier this year and ended up on the cover of NME before stating that it all was to get Liam going. :rolleyes:

Oasis' seventh studio album

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The seventh Oasis studio album is presently in development. No release date is yet scheduled. Noel Gallagher has said "We wanted the last one out quickly, and that took three and a half years, so don't hold your breath". He has also said that he wants to make a "colossal" album in the vein of Be Here Now. On the Oasis dedicated issue of NME, published in February 2007, Noel said: "I really fancy doing a record where we just completely throw the kitchen sink at it. I'd like to get a 100-piece orchestra and choirs and all that stuff."

Recording

Studio time was booked beginning on 3 July 2007[1]. Abbey Road has been mooted as a possible venue, although Capitol Studios in Los Angeles is also likely if Dave Sardy continues as Oasis' producer.

The Songs

Noel Gallagher gave a brief overview to Channel 4 Teletext [2]. "I've got 17 new songs written which are all good enough for the album. The rest have three or four each. We'll be meeting on Friday to discuss what's happening and then hopefully start recording next month."

Gallagher also claimed on Soccer AM that he had recently written "a couple of belters" and felt sorry for the other band mates when the time would come to share their work, "I'll be like, yeah, that's good. But check this out!"

Noel has previously commented that songs recorded and/or intended for Don't Believe The Truth would be considered for inclusion on the new album. Known titles from these and others include:

"I Wanna Live A Dream In My Record Machine" (which Noel has described as "about 10 minutes long and it's big, psychedelic, loads of guitar solos, but it's good though, the lyrics are good. Kind of like a 'Champagne Supernova' thing."

"The Boy with the Blues" (Written by Liam and considered for a 2006 EP release. Recorded in 2004, but still needs work doing to make it suitable for release.)

"Stop the Clocks" (Recorded in 2004, but still needs work doing to make it suitable for release.)

"Let It Come Down Over Me"

"The Magic Can't Be Right"

"Sweet And Sour"

"Lord Don't Slow Me Down" (Featured on the forthcoming documentary of the same name, due for release in Autumn 2007)

"Who Put The Weight Of The World On My Shoulders" (Released on the Goal! OST but not on any Oasis albums or EPs)

"Revolution Song", sometimes called "Solve My Mystery" is the only song from the 1999 sessions that has never been released.

Liam also told UNCUT magazine in a November 2006 interview that he had a song called "Guess I'm Out Of Time".

The as yet untitled song which features in the Lord Don't Slow Me Down documentary YouTube clip could also feature.

Timeframe

Noel told Channel 4 Teletext "but the last one took three years so don't hold your breath". However, he revealed in a chat to Russell Brand on his BBC Radio 2 chat show on 23rd June 2007 that he estimated the record will take three months to record although that won't be in a continuous period as he intended to take time off for the birth of his second child in September 2007.