The Traveling Wilburys

Dead Flower

So I bought 'The Collection' last week. It was a bit of an impulse buy, because I hadn't really heard a lot of their stuff apart from End Of The Line and Handle With Care.

Anyway, I love it. So laid-back and stripped-down - just a bunch of insanely talented guys jamming together. It's not iPod music, it's music you play when drinking with friends.

And when Roy Orbison sings... wow, that guy really just had the best voice ever. I also want to get into more of Tom Petty's stuff now, too.

Vid's

They were good. But, interestingly, all better as solo artists.

Dead Flower, get Petty's Anthology CD set. It has all his best and is a great entry point. It also has "Mary Jane's Last Dance," which as ODS pointed out a while ago (and which I'm starting to notice more every listen) more than inspired Axl a bit with There Was a Time and definitely over-inspired the Chili Peppers when they wrote Dani California.

If you watch the documentary on disc two you will see what the vibe was with them at the time. They were basically just a bunch of friends getting together to write fun songs and have a party. If they wanted too take it seriously they would have had bob write everything and the others sing it. :D

If you watch the documentary on disc two you will see what the vibe was with them at the time. They were basically just a bunch of friends getting together to write fun songs and have a party. If they wanted too take it seriously they would have had bob write everything and the others sing it. :D

Yeah, I know. It's clear that it was just pals having fun. That's also why, as Dead Flower pointed out, it's great music to listen to while getting drunk with friends. I'm not saying they couldn't have done better - I'm just saying their solo work is better.

It's definitely a cool album - worth getting if you're even just a fan of only one of them.

I've heard the two original albums and they're really good. The only ones I've heard solo material from are Dylan and Petty and both are really good (duh). Tom Petty is great he has a lot of great songs and I've only heard like half of his stuff.