Is this rare - AFD cd error?

Jaysgnr

Right folks - are you sitting comfortably

I was picking up a load of rock cds from ebay (drove to the guys house to collect) and had a GNR shirt on - the guy who i bough the cds off said he had a gnr cd he'd sell me if i was interested. Suprise suprise it was AFD but with a difference - the writng on the spine on the cd is yellow (both of my cds are in yellow and red writing), it also has no barcode, the cd itself has the layout different plus says manufactured in germany. The cover is printed the wrong way round (the staples are to the right not left) so the booklet opens the wrong way (bassically the front and back picture needs to be swapped round) and has some small numbers 9241482 in yellow writing to the bottom left of the cross design.

The bloke said he bought it in the uk when it first came out and didnt notice the booklet error till he got it home and never got round to taking it back! as i bought 47 cds for £57 he let me have the cd for £1 as there is a scratch on it and the overall condiion is alright (not great)

What do we think guys - is this a german issue or a test cd? any info would be good

worth £1 though

well there may have been a whole batch that were printed that wrong way. However, even if that is the case, it sounds like you have a good find there! I mean even I would pay money for something 'different' like that - and i'm a fuckin' miser, believe me, lol.

EDIT: to answer your question, a German fan may be better informed i guess. i have no idea personally if this is the German production item (sounds like it must be though)

Edited by Mrs Axl

there are several missprinted cd's out one of which i Live era. it is labeled cd1 but had the second cd track listing.

I havn't got a missprinted Live Era, but on disc 1, track 8 is only 16 seconds long and track 9 is like 10 minutes because for some reason Used To Love Her and Patience are both on track 9.... the only thing on track 8 is Axl saying "This is a song from GN'R Lies". Is anyone elses Live Era like this??

Edited by Slash Guitarist

I havn't got a missprinted Live Era, but on disc 1, track 8 is only 16 seconds long and track 9 is like 10 minutes because for some reason Used To Love Her and Patience are both on track 9.... the only thing on track 8 is Axl saying "This is a song from GN'R Lies". Is anyone elses Live Era like this??

Thats actually really cool. the 16 second bit where axl says those lines might have been re-recorded!

there are several missprinted cd's out one of which i Live era. it is labeled cd1 but had the second cd track listing.

I have never heard of something like that happening before. Disk may have skipped while it was being recorded or something of that nature.