is it just me...

Guest Metatron

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Or does no other musical genre do love songs quite like Country music does? I'm not a huge country fan, but you just can't quite top "amazed" by Lonestar or "I need you" by Leann Rhimes

I'm sure this'll be met with alot of hatred, since country is pretty widely hated, however, you can't deny Amazed as 1 of the greatest songs ever.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Classic stuff like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams,Waylon Jennings, and Willie Nelson I love, but the modern mainstream shit is garbage.

Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley are alright. Brad Paisley I would actually give my money to.

Classic stuff like Johnny Cash, Hank Williams,Waylon Jennings, and Willie Nelson I love, but the modern mainstream shit is garbage.

Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley are alright. Brad Paisley I would actually give my money to.

I'll check those out then. The only modern stuff I can really tolerate at this point is Lucinda Williams though, and I guess she's really more country rock.

I do like some bluegrass though-there's a band out of Atlanta called Blueground Undergrass that is shit-hot. Check them out on My Space and see what you think.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I'll check those out then. The only modern stuff I can really tolerate at this point is Lucinda Williams though, and I guess she's really more country rock.

I do like some bluegrass though-there's a band out of Atlanta called Blueground Undergrass that is shit-hot. Check them out on My Space and see what you think.

There's always good bluegrass around.

Lucinda is a genius.

Country music is good for casual listening. It's a pretty straight forward and generic genre that is easy on the ears and I don't have to pay much attention to it because I know they ain't breakin' new ground.

In terms of love songs, yea that's mostly what any kind of music is about. It's rare that you ever hear a song that's not about love. For my money, though, I'll just say that no genre can ever beat the pop/rock genre in anything.