Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guns will be on the movie but if they gonna release a cd this year i think noone knows for sure

Maybe there will be little pop-ups or submlinal messages during the movie that will give us the release date. Then everyone will debate if it's true or just a "body of lies".

its funny you leave out this part of it Madison

"Best Buy is set to be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses decade-plus-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation tell Billboard. Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date."

IE, the deal is done but they are just finalizing a release date....Nowhere in that article do I get the opinion that its not a done deal.....just that they dont have everything set up yet....

OR, they have everything in place as releasing an album isn't difficult as so many other bands and artists prove, they just don't want to tell us. They have never told us anything and they don't know how to communicate.

If the album exists, and if it is being released through Best Buy, I reckon they would leave it to the last possible moment to announce it. I just worry that because of suits and management dragging heels and over inflating the importance of the release we could well see November 08 slip to March 09 which slips to November 09 and once again the cycle will continue.

Lets face it no one is busting a gut to get this released and they never have been.

There is option that Azoff decided to release CD as soon as possible and than reunite old GNR and make lot of money, so it's possible that we'll get CD this year. Or, of course, there is nothing like reunion happening and somebody has counted, that if recording costet about 15 000 000, and there are about 4 CDs, it isn't as bad as it seemed, If every will get back about 4 000 000...so they will release it also quickly. 2008-2012 are the years.

anyone in australia watch the channel 9 news this morning? they had a section for chinese democracy. The news reader claimed it would be out next month and they showed footage of the use your illusion dvds. Dumb bastards dont even know its just a rumor, but at least they're hyping it up hehe

anyone in australia watch the channel 9 news this morning? they had a section for chinese democracy. The news reader claimed it would be out next month and they showed footage of the use your illusion dvds. Dumb bastards dont even know its just a rumor, but at least they're hyping it up hehe

Yes I saw it. But how dumb showing clips of the old gunners. People will think that it is an album made by all the old guys. Any way I can't wait for it to come out, roll on November. By the way, who says the November release date is only a rumour.....are you in the know?

Edited by aussiegirl

Yes I saw it. But how dumb showing clips of the old gunners. People will think that it is an album made by all the old guys. Any way I can't wait for it to come out, roll on November. By the way, who says the November release date is only a rumour.....are you in the know?

We're all in "the know" around here...it's here in the forums where the rumor started. Albeit, it's a substantial one, been confirmed by various sources, etc.

As for them showing off the old band, didn't they do the same thing during the Chinese Democracy tour last year?? I heard most of the commercials and posters showed old band members and songs.

lol, na sorry, im not in the know. I say rumor because it hasnt been confirmed. and somehow i dont think that dude from channel 9 was in the know either. haha

Yeah sucks how they use the old members. not like they can get any official video of the new band though

Edited by sonic-jam

Body of Lies comes out next Friday. We know that GnR's got a kick ass little ditty called If The World playing in the credits for this movie. GnR hasn't even bothered to acknowledge this fact on their website even though it has been verified by Billboard and Rolling Stone. GNR also has a song called Shackler's Revenge that's available if you buy the game Rock Band 2. GNR even mentioned this fact on their website before Shackler's was released. Why wouldn't GNR want people to know that they have a song on Body Of Lies? Why isn't the studio who made Body Of Lies promoting this fact? You would think it's sort of a big deal that they scored a song from the mythical Chinese Democracy for their movie. We also know that Best Buy has secured the release of Chinese Democracy. Don't you think that they would like people to know that Body Of Lies is promoting their new product by advertising a song from it?

Here's how it's going to go down. Body Of Lies rolls into theatres next Friday. GNR and Best Buy will announce the release date sometime before next Friday in order to spread awareness because they want people to hear If The World play in the credits, thus building even more excitement about Chinese Democracy. Axl will probably even give us a canned interview with Del James or a press release where he states his excitement that his masterpiece is finally going to be released. Most likely this album will drop sometime right before Black Friday or on Black Friday.

In the past I'd have been calling bullshit but things are different this time. Axl's got real managers for the first time ever in his entire career. No longer is he represented by hand puppets like Merck and Doug Goldstein. Azoff and Gould haven't organized the deals with Best Buy, Harmonix, and Warner Brothers for shits and giggles. All the ducks are in a row and we'll all have this album within 2 months. I 100% believe that it's safe to say that even Axl Rose couldn't derail the train at this point.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I think maybe Axl and co have bigger fish to fry, i.e getting the album out. I think RB2 and Body of lies is a management move to tie everything over and just build up a bit of excitement. My view of it is that Axl does not really care too much about those 2 songs being released as ( hopefully) hes putting all his energy into finally releasing it, and it seems the right time to do so as Azoff and Gould seem to be creating a bit of hype again around CD.

You have to be realisitic Randy, Axl can indeed derail the train still at anytime because hes the train driver :tongue2: . However things seem to be going in the right direction so hopefully he drives carefully lol.

I feel we are defo closer to seeing the album released sometime soon, finally. I am not expecting anything though and would just like the surprise of finding the album in my hands when it finally does get released.

If Axl is working hard to get the album released and letting the managers do some promotion work, with no offical announcement to the fans then so be it.