Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

It's only four in the afternoon here on the West Coast. Axl's still sleeping most likely. GNR usually makes these announcements on their website sometime during the evening. Axl's not on a slave schedule like most of the rest of us.

Edited by Randy Lahey

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been at Best Buy for 3 weeks. It's happening. I can't help but "lehl" but it's seriously happening. It only took our Cybernetic Ninja Assailant, say, 10 years? But it's happening. I asked the supervisor person and "they're not at liberty to speak on that matter, however it shall be addressed next week at the staff meeting." So grab your rum & copies of MK: Trilogy. And garlic and any spare Ghosts Of Mars OSTs. Party's Detox is comin'.

This is from MTV news today-- sorry if already posted

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1595862/2.../rose_axl.jhtml

"In what some believe is a strong sign we could be closer than ever before to hearing Chinese Democracy, one song from the oft-delayed record, "If the World," was chosen to accompany the closing credits of Leonardo DiCaprio's forthcoming film, "Body of Lies," which hits theaters nationwide October 10. A mastered version of the same song — which is a speedy, riff-heavy tune, reminiscent of "Night Train" and "Dead Horse" — leaked online earlier this year."

That description sounds nothing at all like the song called "If The World" that we've heard.

Time for some Txt Msgs

Del: shall I give dem a update lol tb xx

Axl: nah re-recording sorry lol x

Del: lol kk xD

Axl: fuk those enemies on teh net

Del I kno rite

Axl: so wheres my muse lol

Del: Iunno. so i herd u liek my new book..

Del: yo updatin page now

Axl: wat

Del: puttin date

Axl: wtf???

Del: da release date! >:[

Axl: wat r u dum dont put dat shit on yet

Del: y

Axl: cuz its 2 early

Del: i have da whole thing written already jus gotta hit submit

Axl: if u put dat on there u r fired >:[

Del: w/e ill take it down

Axl: =p

This is from MTV news today-- sorry if already posted

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1595862/2.../rose_axl.jhtml

"In what some believe is a strong sign we could be closer than ever before to hearing Chinese Democracy, one song from the oft-delayed record, "If the World," was chosen to accompany the closing credits of Leonardo DiCaprio's forthcoming film, "Body of Lies," which hits theaters nationwide October 10. A mastered version of the same song — which is a speedy, riff-heavy tune, reminiscent of "Night Train" and "Dead Horse" — leaked online earlier this year."

That description sounds nothing at all like the song called "If The World" that we've heard.

i was just going to post this same thing :lol: i was like what the fuck version of If the World did they hear???

Time for some Txt Msgs

Del: shall I give dem a update lol tb xx

Axl: nah re-recording sorry lol x

Del: lol kk xD

Axl: fuk those enemies on teh net

Del I kno rite

Axl: so wheres my muse lol

Del: Iunno. so i herd u liek my new book..

Del: yo updatin page now

Axl: wat

Del: puttin date

Axl: wtf???

Del: da release date! >:[

Axl: wat r u dum dont put dat shit on yet

Del: y

Axl: cuz its 2 early

Del: i have da whole thing written already jus gotta hit submit

Axl: if u put dat on there u r fired >:[

Del: w/e ill take it down

Axl: =p

Del: wat bout now??? :P

Axl: Nah gotta complete GTAIV den i might play call of duty wiv ma best m8 baz ^_^

Del: lol come on msn

Axl: fuck dat shit. internet bad.

Del: so can i come round plz

Axl: ya shure betas making shepards pie 4 l8rs!

Guys, remember when Axl released the March 6th release date letter? I do...very well...and it wasn't until 6 or 7 o'clock California time...Be patient...I know it's getting late in the day, but give it a little while before you start freaking out...

Yeah, but in all fairness, I don't think he was in any real hurry to give the fans that lame pack of excuses. Think about it, he waited until what ... 17 days before the new year to tell us that the album wasn't coming out after promising it all year. :rolleyes:

I think those of you who are expecting a release date in the very near future will in all likelihood be let down. Hope I'm wrong.

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail

I'll ask again ...

Does anybody know Andy Gould's voice well enough to confirm that it was him talking before ITW?

THG

his voice is unmistakable.

Fair enough.

How do we know he was talking to BB employees? Does it say that somewhere in that muffled mess?

THG

Do you think this is a hoax orchestrated by management? Is this 2008's version of 13 Tuesdays? Could be a thread worthy topic.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Do you think this is a hoax orchestrated by management? Is this 2008's version of 13 Tuesdays? Could be a thread worthy topic.

I don't think it's being orchestrated by management, but I think it's at least possible that it is a hoax, orchestrated by some attention seeking douche.

Btw, I found the answer to my question a couple posts back asking you guys how we know he was talking to BB employees.

According to MTV,

Gould also declared that the record would be a Best Buy exclusive, and even previewed three of the album's tracks — this all according to a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal.

Great. I definitely feel assured now. Well, here's to hoping it's true - but by no means banking on it.

THG

As I've said many many times - Please - everyone, don't get your hopes up until we've got a confirmation through an official press release.

We've all been down this road many many times - and we've seen how roadblocks and unexpected events can totally derail plans. So let's just wait for an official statement before everyone starts counting Tuesdays again. As I said in an earlier post - it's better to have low expectations and be surprised than high expectations and be disappointed.

Gould also declared that the record would be a Best Buy exclusive, and even previewed three of the album's tracks — this all according to a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal.

Great. I definitely feel assured now. Well, here's to hoping it's true - but by no means banking on it.

THG

Personally, I find it really disgusting that a news organization would use fan forums as the sole source for writing a story. It's people like this that give journalists a bad rep. If a journalist doesn't have an independent source - and preferably more than one - confirming this, they should not be writing a story.

I cant believe people think this is all one big hoax.....Billboard.com reported that best buy is set....they are a very reliable site...

and the whole Body of lies thing that was in the tape?? confirmed to be true...

not to mention, those versions in the best buy leaks....were definitely new...

Edited by gunsnmotley

As I've said many many times - Please - everyone, don't get your hopes up until we've got a confirmation through an official press release.

We've all been down this road many many times - and we've seen how roadblocks and unexpected events can totally derail plans. So let's just wait for an official statement before everyone starts counting Tuesdays again. As I said in an earlier post - it's better to have low expectations and be surprised than high expectations and be disappointed.

I agree.

Realistically, I'll be happy if iTunes releases an official Rock Band 2 and/or a Body of Lies soundtrack. At least we'd be getting some official studio quality tracks available for commercial download. We'll be getting this if we're lucky I think.