Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

ok so basically than chinese democracy is actually coming this year since its in the best buy rss system but we still dont have actually confirmation from gnr, i dont understand what is holding them up now

GNR's management team purportedly struck the deal directly with Best Buy...The label has yet to sign off on it.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people remember GnR employed a documentary filmer for the 06 tour, this guy filmed people outside venues on every show as well as filming the band on stage and back stage.Me and a friend were interviewed and got chatting the guy and the footage was being shot for a documentary but it was not a making of CD doc it was to accompany a release, this is what i and im sure others were told by the guy filming.

Take it as you will but it lends credence to at least one of these versions having a bonus DVD

i hope there wont be interviews with the fans if there's a dvd

because it's boring

Obviously someone added that entry to the UPC Database. I highly doubt Universal is going to label it 'chinese democracy' without even proper capitalizing of the title.

The UPC is valid - I don't think that entry in the upcdatabase is.

-darknemus

ok so basically than chinese democracy is actually coming this year since its in the best buy rss system but we still dont have actually confirmation from gnr, i dont understand what is holding them up now

GNR's management team purportedly struck the deal directly with Best Buy...The label has yet to sign off on it.

I don't think it's that. It assumes that the management team has had no contact with the label, which sounds highly implausible.

I still think this is a leak-prevention measure. The later the release date is announced, the less time the hoarders have to sell off their old mixes.

Very easy to submit a modification request on that UPC site, no?...You're telling me 2:00AM last night, it's not there. 8 hours later, on a Saturday no less, it shows up?

Precisely - if I wanted to be a dick I could have done the same thing (and made it look at least semi-legit, too) but that doesn't help us on our fact finding mission, now does it?

Attention whoring will never go out of style - it is the internet, after all :)

-darknemus

For the record I just punched in the UPC Dark posted a while ago I didn't submit a modification request.

I didn't think you did it :) I figured SOMEONE would pull that trigger.. too tempting, I'd guess.

I just want the potential screenshots I might score later - that's what I'm looking forward to. (Hopefully by late this afternoon, my time (GMT -5)

-darknemus

For the record I just punched in the UPC Dark posted a while ago I didn't submit a modification request.

I didn't think you did it :) I figured SOMEONE would pull that trigger.. too tempting, I'd guess.

I just want the potential screenshots I might score later - that's what I'm looking forward to. (Hopefully by late this afternoon, my time (GMT -5)

-darknemus

You have faith in this kind of admin thing going on over the weekend?, unless some fat kid interferes with the system i can't see any administration on it till monday

-darknemus

It wasnt there this morning when i checked either. It shows it was modified this morning around 8:00 a.m. I highly doubt it will be officially updated on a weekend. If you get the other upcs type those in the database before posting them to see if it was official updated. If it was official all upcs will be in the database not just the one posted already.

This is just going to be another 2006. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't say I didn't warn you all either.

no it not guns n' roses have 2 hardcore mangers that well known for getting albums out and they know how play hardball ;)

http://www.upcdatabase.com/by_prefix.asp?prefix=0602517 i checked the codes with same prefix:

result: several music items released by universal

Yeah but most of them are from last year... shouldn't it be among new releases?

*edit*

Someone's sent a modification request again I guess, because it says 1 pending updates now...

I assume it's a fake..

Edited by Jaci_Roxx

http://www.upcdatabase.com/by_prefix.asp?prefix=0602517 i checked the codes with same prefix:

result: several music items released by universal

Yeah but most of them are from last year... shouldn't it be among new releases?

there are 13 pages, if u go to the last one you'll see the most recent releases

Yeah, there seems to be a few newer records on the last page.

I still think it's probably gonna get deleted soon...

I have a friend who works at Best Buy who I'm going to have try to look into this this afternoon. He's just a regular employee, not a manager or anything, but I guess we'll see. I told him to search for Chinese Democracy, and gave him one SKU and one UPC to check. I'll report back if he find anything.