Black Metal

KingsOfTheCarnivalCreation

Black Metal probably the most fucked up genre in "Metal" With all the church burnings that went down and the murders. It's pretty fucked up, but it's also very awesome to listen to. The first wave came in with Bathory and Venom, Venom sounding alot more thrashy though. Then the 2nd wave came in with Mayhem, Burzum, Immortal, Emperor, Satyricon, Darkthrone, Marduk etc.

Frequently the lyrics are written about Satanic, Pagan, or occult themes. Opposition to Christianity is also a theme among black metal bands. War, misanthropy, and suicide are often written. Lyrics also celebrate darkness, forests, and other natural surroundings of northern European countries as well as folklore and history.

The normal attire of a black metal band is leather, spikes, armor and weapons. Corpse paint being the most noticeable feature, used imitate a corpse like appearance.

Anyways the point of this topic is to see what people know about black metal if they have listened to it before and what they think of it is?

Personally i think it's awesome with Burzum being very atmospheric on the later albums(No shit the blokes locked up), Satyricon, Marduk and Mayhem sticking it out then others coming along such as Gorgoroth and Dimmu Borgir, Which personally Dimmu is my favourite of them all followed closely by Burzum.

I like it, I like the theatrics that go with it too.

Good bloke. I rather enjoy the stuff they do live. Like old school Dimmu, Shagrath used to drink blood.

I saw Dimmu this year at Download. Saw Satyricon the year before at the same place. I always find heavy music mesmerising in a way.

I like it, I like the theatrics that go with it too.

Good bloke. I rather enjoy the stuff they do live. Like old school Dimmu, Shagrath used to drink blood.

I saw Dimmu this year at Download. Saw Satyricon the year before at the same place. I always find heavy music mesmerising in a way.

Damn man, I haven't seen any. We don't get much Black acts out here in Australia, I got to see Marduk though. Behemoth are here 15th of December and i think they'd play some old school shit.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

There are a few good bands, but most are pure shit.

My favorites are Dissection, Satanic Slaughter, Naglfar and some more that I don't can remember right now. (If any of them are Death Metal I really don't care, it sounds the same to me.)

There are a few good bands, but most are pure shit.

My favorites are Dissection, Satanic Slaughter, Naglfar and some more that I don't can remember right now. (If any of them are Death Metal I really don't care, it sounds the same to me.)

Nah dude they are black. Ha...I WANT MY NAME BACK :P

Love it...

Seen Satyricon 5-6 times, Dimmu 2 times, Gorgoroth 1 time( a few days later he went to jail) Keep of Kalessin 1 time,

Khold 2 times.

Gonna See Immortal in october... have to be kick ass.

My favorits are Dimmu Borgir, Satyricon, Mayhem.

Also i enjoy the more "folk/ viking metal bands as Windir, Myrkgrav, Enslaved, Isengaard, Asmeigen, Finntroll and Glittertind.

Oh shit.. i forgot the almighty Darkthrone.. shame they never play gigs...

I also like the German grim masters GraveWorm..

Ok. What name do you suggest that I change to then?

On topic: Don't know if Finntroll belongs to this genre, but they're awsome.

Ummmm.....Token Of Time?

Finntroll are folk or viking metal which ever one i'm not exactly sure.

I don't think they are viking. I think Amon Amarth is more kind of viking.

I'm not really a fan of Black Metal (only if you can count Cradle OF Filth or Agathodaimon as Black Mtal, but they're more Dark Metal, I guess (I'd consider Dimmu Borgir as Dark Metal, too)). But I surely prefer Black Metal over Death Metal. Don't like the growls. Black Metal has at least something to do with singing, somehow...I guess.

Edited by Iceman24

Black metal is great! Ofcourse I don't like all the black metal bands, but there's som really great ones. Immortal, Mayhem, Satyricon, Dimmu, Enslaved and Ancient are mye favorites I guess.

Not a big fan of Burzum?

Nope, I think they're pretty overrated. They got big because of Vargs church burning and murder. Not because of their music

Ok. What name do you suggest that I change to then?

On topic: Don't know if Finntroll belongs to this genre, but they're awsome.

Ummmm.....Token Of Time?

Finntroll are folk or viking metal which ever one i'm not exactly sure.

I don't think they are viking. I think Amon Amarth is more kind of viking.

I'm not really a fan of Black Metal (only if you can count Cradle OF Filth or Agathodaimon as Black Mtal, but they're more Dark Metal, I guess (I'd consider Dimmu Borgir as Dark Metal, too)). But I surely prefer Black Metal over Death Metal. Don't like the growls. Black Metal has at least something to do with singing, somehow...I guess.

Finntroll is a Finland inspired folk metal band.. They use alot of nordic influenced instruments and "joik" (a scandinavian tribe/ almost like the indians way of singing..this is getting strange....) :drevil:

Fintroll = Folk metal

Dimmu Borgir = More Modern Black Metal

Dimmu Borgir.. my favoritt Dimmu track.. (do not watch if you are ofended by Christ hanging)

Edited by dally

Black metal is great! Ofcourse I don't like all the black metal bands, but there's som really great ones. Immortal, Mayhem, Satyricon, Dimmu, Enslaved and Ancient are mye favorites I guess.
Not a big fan of Burzum?
Nope, I think they're pretty overrated. They got big because of Vargs church burning and murder. Not because of their music
True, but i enjoy Burzum.
Ok. What name do you suggest that I change to then?On topic: Don't know if Finntroll belongs to this genre, but they're awsome.
Ummmm.....Token Of Time? Finntroll are folk or viking metal which ever one i'm not exactly sure.
I don't think they are viking. I think Amon Amarth is more kind of viking.I'm not really a fan of Black Metal (only if you can count Cradle OF Filth or Agathodaimon as Black Mtal, but they're more Dark Metal, I guess (I'd consider Dimmu Borgir as Dark Metal, too)). But I surely prefer Black Metal over Death Metal. Don't like the growls. Black Metal has at least something to do with singing, somehow...I guess.
Finntroll is a Finland inspired folk metal band.. They use alot of nordic influenced instruments and "joik" (a scandinavian tribe/ almost like the indians way of singing..this is getting strange....) :drevil:Fintroll = Folk metal
Dimmu Borgir = More Modern Black MetalDimmu Borgir.. my favoritt Dimmu track.. (do not watch if you are ofended by Christ hanging)
All them songs kick ass!!! But wheres Deathcrush at

Not a big fan of Burzum?
True, but i enjoy Burzum.
Ok. What name do you suggest that I change to then?On topic: Don't know if Finntroll belongs to this genre, but they're awsome.
Ummmm.....Token Of Time? Finntroll are folk or viking metal which ever one i'm not exactly sure.
I don't think they are viking. I think Amon Amarth is more kind of viking.I'm not really a fan of Black Metal (only if you can count Cradle OF Filth or Agathodaimon as Black Mtal, but they're more Dark Metal, I guess (I'd consider Dimmu Borgir as Dark Metal, too)). But I surely prefer Black Metal over Death Metal. Don't like the growls. Black Metal has at least something to do with singing, somehow...I guess.
Finntroll is a Finland inspired folk metal band.. They use alot of nordic influenced instruments and "joik" (a scandinavian tribe/ almost like the indians way of singing..this is getting strange....) :drevil:Fintroll = Folk metal
Dimmu Borgir = More Modern Black MetalDimmu Borgir.. my favoritt Dimmu track.. (do not watch if you are ofended by Christ hanging)
All them songs kick ass!!! But wheres Deathcrush at

You mean Mayhem??