CD drive problem

Wando

Remove it and The secondary IDE channel from Device manager. Thats found by right clicking my computer > properties. Its in there somewhere.

After that, reboot. It will redetect and install them again so might solve the problem.

So, it just stopped working and Windows doesn't even find it anymore.. Anyone got any ideas how to get it fixed?

buy a dual layerd dvd and go of the board? :rolleyes:

-Ummm... What :unsure:

Remove it and The secondary IDE channel from Device manager. Thats found by right clicking my computer > properties. Its in there somewhere.

After that, reboot. It will redetect and install them again so might solve the problem.

Okay :) I'll try that!

Edit: There was 3 secondary IDE channels and I deleted them and rebooted. Windows found them again but CD drive doesn't work yet :/

Edited by Wando

^Good to hear but something miraculous happened :D I called the place where I bought the machine to get a new cd drive for free (warranty) but called for wrong person in the company and the right person didn't answer so I started my computer and the cd player works again :lol:

Edited by Wando