Who here likes cheap trick

GUNSNROSES513

Senate approves April 1 as ‘Cheap Trick Day’

Oct 11, 2007 @ 05:11 PM

RRSTAR.COM STAFF REPORTS

Sen. Dave Syverson donned shades Wednesday when he urged a Senate committee to help proclaim April 1 “Cheap Trick Day.”

“I had to look more like Rick Nielsen,” Syverson, R-Rockford, joked just before his colleagues voted 9-0 to approve a resolution setting aside the day for Rockford’s own all-star band.

Nielsen, the Cheap Trick guitarist who still calls Rockford home, is known for his trademark ball cap and dark sunglasses. Not so much with Syverson: Other senators joked that they didn’t recognize him.

Nielsen picked April 1 for the band’s day because it also is April Fools’ Day.

“April Fools’ Day just hit it right,” Nielsen said in June when he visited the Capitol. “If people believe it, we’re on April 1. If they don’t believe it, we’re on April Fools’ Day.”

how cool is this.awsome

Any Recommendations?

Cheap Trick - "Collection"

this is a box set that has their first three albums, remastered with bonus tracks for $19. you can't beat that!! their first three albums are widely regarded as their best work. i also recommend "The Complete Budokan", "Dream Police". but you'd still be missing classic songs like "If You Want My Love (You Got It)", "She's Tight", and "Tonight It's You". they also do an amazing cover of "Magical Mystery Tour".