Avenged Sevenfold - Critical Acclaim & Almost Easy live @ The Key Club

UseYourAppetite

Last time they toured, Shadows was at times quite shaky live. Just look at the guy now. He sounds BETTER than the album versions for fucks sake. Awesome performance. The whole band is on fire rock3

Critical Acclaim

Almost Easy

The Rev's vocals on Critical Acclaim and the insane drumming on Almost Easy :wub: and Matt's interaction with the crowd was pretty cool too.

Edited by UseYourAppetite

They spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much time in the US. They only played 4 or 5 gigs in the UK then fucked off for 20 or so gigs in America. They should go for a full on arena tour, there's no question they could pull the crowds as their latest tour sold out fucking fast. I could see them having really good arena shows, what with the huge bats in the background and stuff :P plus their new stuff and City Of Evil is pretty epic.

They spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much time in the US. They only played 4 or 5 gigs in the UK then fucked off for 20 or so gigs in America. They should go for a full on arena tour, there's no question they could pull the crowds as their latest tour sold out fucking fast. I could see them having really good arena shows, what with the huge bats in the background and stuff :P plus their new stuff and City Of Evil is pretty epic.

When I saw them they headlined an outdoor ampitheater. It was a radio sponsored show. They did have a really cool stage setup, but Shadows just sounded awful. I'm glad he's sounding better these days. I have a feeling they'll end up as the co-headliner at Ozzfest 2008.

You guys are desperate for anything that looks something like the golden era of sleaze rock, ie black leather, bandanas, etc, etc. This is emo crap. My roommate loves this group. I'm subject to this band regularly. He also loves all that stuff that sounds like it could air nicely on the Nickelodeon channel between cartoons. This is really thinly veiled screamo, emo, whatever you have. They have a few riffs here in there, some wretched tone-deaf melodies, a nasally voiced singer (not akin to anyone a bit nasally who actually produces a musically identifiable tone from his voice, which can rock) and the rest is that spastic, "I'm wildly expressing myself" rock that is popular with angsty teenagers and college students right now. It's depressing to see this on here. You guys like Hinder and Saliva? Think they're bringing rock back where it should be? Christ. Avenged Sevenfold. On one song, a guitarist ran three scales essentially note for note for his solo. This is just wretched. You're GNR devotees but this....it's like you're all bending over for Ratt. It's worse than that. THis is like being married to some incredibly attractive person and getting fucked in the ass (regardless of gender) by a midget with bad teeth.

You guys are desperate for anything that looks something like the golden era of sleaze rock, ie black leather, bandanas, etc, etc. This is emo crap. My roommate loves this group. I'm subject to this band regularly. He also loves all that stuff that sounds like it could air nicely on the Nickelodeon channel between cartoons. This is really thinly veiled screamo, emo, whatever you have. They have a few riffs here in there, some wretched tone-deaf melodies, a nasally voiced singer (not akin to anyone a bit nasally who actually produces a musically identifiable tone from his voice, which can rock) and the rest is that spastic, "I'm wildly expressing myself" rock that is popular with angsty teenagers and college students right now. It's depressing to see this on here. You guys like Hinder and Saliva? Think they're bringing rock back where it should be? Christ. Avenged Sevenfold. On one song, a guitarist ran three scales essentially note for note for his solo. This is just wretched. You're GNR devotees but this....it's like you're all bending over for Ratt. It's worse than that. THis is like being married to some incredibly attractive person and getting fucked in the ass (regardless of gender) by a midget with bad teeth.

these guys are very talented in my opinion, but you got you're right to you're opinion, but is that a kiss avatar? if you like kiss musically, you're opinion is void in my books, the drummer is insanely good, and hey there out there making music, which is more then we can say about gnr.

No, they've progressed a hell of a lot musically from Waking The Fallen, it just has the odd scream, GN'R has screaming but that's not screamo either. They mix a lot of styles into their music and they're all insanely talented, the drummer and guitarist in particular.

And how are they emo?? Listen to their new album and City Of Evil, both are awesome hard rock/metal records rock3, probably one of the best bands around at the moment imo.

Oh yeah and I hate Hinder and Saliva with a fucking vengeance.

Edited by UseYourAppetite