W.A.S.P.

Iceman24

I saw W.A.S.P. is coming to Switzerland. But it's in the Z7 in Pratteln, which is like 100 km or something away from where I live.

The concert it on December 22 but I'm already going to Pratteln on December 11th (Saxon) and December 13th (Doro Pesch).

Has anyone seen them live recently and is it worth that I go and see them?

Edited by Iceman24

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Blackie allways delivers a good show. Would probably be better with the real band, but they are definatly worth seeing. Blackie is a better entertainer on stage then Axl.

Their lead guitarist at the moment, Doug Blair, is a good friend of mine. He gave me guitar lessons for six years and is a family friend now. He's a great player. Any news on if they're playing the Crimson Idol in full this tour? He was talking about that, saying they might do that like Floyd played all of Dark Side.

Their lead guitarist at the moment, Doug Blair, is a good friend of mine. He gave me guitar lessons for six years and is a family friend now. He's a great player. Any news on if they're playing the Crimson Idol in full this tour? He was talking about that, saying they might do that like Floyd played all of Dark Side.

Yes, in some places they are.

Yes - you should see them. I 100% recommend it!

And no - they aren't anything like Alice Cooper at least anymore. As they don't do stage tricks at all.

On this tour they will play the Crimson Idol from start to finish, and after that there is a 10 minute intermisson. After that they will play the "other stuff".

Sure the band was much more exciting when Chris Holmes was playing lead guitar and Stet Howland was on the drums, but still it's a great show. Blackie is pushing himself way too much and it's really showing, the new tour schedule is ridicilous (5shows in a row - 2 days of - 4 shows in a row etc.)...

I would give anything to see Blackie teaming up with Chris Holmes and Randy Piper again. But it is as unlikely as the GnR reunion.

I have seen them 3 times over the last 4 years. The first time i seen them in 2004 they were amazing. great show. in 2006 it was mediocre at best. they didn't play for long. and i seen them last week when they played the crimson idol, whcih was new and exciting but the drummer wasn't good enough for the songs, i thought. i would go and see them but i think as a band they are getting steadily worse.