What's the best gig you've ever been to??

UseYourAppetite

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I was so disapointed when there chairs instead of a pit. I was still moshing out to the Sabbath tunes.

My personal feeling on this (maybe I have a stick up my butt, but I don't care) is that when I pay good money to see a show, I want to see the show, and not have a bunch of drunken, sometimes angry, slobs jumping all over me.

You're so wrong. No one wants seated tickets at a metalgig. That's rather insane.

Fuck. Went to Biffy Clyro last night and it was probably the best gig I've been to.

Firstly, the atmosphere was amazing, it was in the Barrowlands, which is very well-known and the band themselves wanted to play the venue rather than the bigger SECC. Both dates sold out quickly. Among the crowd, there were the most die-hard Biffy fans (one seen them 17 times) and some people new to the band. They came onstage at 9.30, starting with Saturday Superhouse, following that with Whos Got A Match. The gig just got better from there, as the wellknown Justboy was played, with the entire attendance singing the quiet verses.

Some pits started, the first during Living Is A Problem. Get Fucked Stud was a highlight as the sound was perfect on it, especially the final chorus where the music stops and everyone screams out 'Get FUUCKED STUD!'. They played a lot of stuff from their newest album but didn't miss out the major ones. They finished with the anthemic 57, another shoutalong rock song. The only songs I wish they put in the set were The Kids From Kibble And The Fist Of Light and Theres No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake.

No-ones gonna read this, but the gig was fucking amazing anyway.

GNR - hammersmith, london, 2006. for the sheer amazement of seeing axl before me.

NIN - wolverhampton, sept 2007. for the sheer perfection of chaos, musical brilliance, and perfect visual and audio quailty.

and a lot of other gnr shows, for very different reasons.