A7X Suck part duex

axlrose4eva

Real metal bands dont need to "make anything clear" about them being metal or not. These guys arent shit and wont be in the future. They may have a couple good tunes on there albums but so did many other bands who turned out to be shit. These guys rip GNR off so bad its not even funny.

Avenged Sevenfold Want Out Of 'Teeny Magazines' And To Be Considered A Heavy Metal Band

posted Thursday, April 13, 2006 at 08:07:37 PM by deathbringer.

MTV.com reports: M. Shadows wants to set the record straight so there's no confusion: Avenged Sevenfold are a heavy metal band.

The platinum-grilled frontman said that although topping the "TRL" countdown drove sales of the band's 2005 album, City of Evil, past the 560,000-sold mark, he wants to make sure "the perception of Avenged Sevenfold doesn't get twisted in the wrong light."

"When you go to our live show, it's a full-on heavy metal show, and we don't need — I mean, no offense to 10-year-old and 11-year-old little girls, [but] they're not going to understand the experience," he said.

The clip for the first single, "Bat Country," spent more than a week as the "TRL" audience's top pick. "We want our shows to be respectable heavy metal shows. We're a rock and roll band, and we want kids to know that."

So when it came time to release the record's second single, the band went with the more acerbic "Beast and the Harlot" to separate the wheat from the chafe.

"With 'Beast and the Harlot,' we wanted kids to know that this record isn't driven towards 'TRL,' " Shadows said. "It's a rock record. This is what Avenged Sevenfold is about. It's not a radio-driven band. This next single's more for the fans, more for the kids that get the record, and get the whole record — not just the poppy chorus and the Hunter S. Thompson thing, and that's all we care about this band for. The quicker you can get rid of those people, the better. I think going with 'Beast' was more of us trying to solidify our career and not throw it down the drain by being in a bunch of teeny magazines. We don't belong there. That kind of scared us a bit, and I think it's smart to push back and deliver a real rock single next."

Avenged, who launched a 26-date co-headlining tour with Coheed and Cambria on Friday night in Poughkeepsie, New York, will look to augment their metal cred this summer with a little help from Metallica and Guns N' Roses.

On opening for Metallica and Guns N' Roses, M. Shadows commented: "I'm not nervous at all [about opening for both bands]. I feel we're the ones that are going to come up and take those bands' place when they're not doing it anymore. I'm so confident with our live show that I think it's going to be great. I don't expect all those fans to be like, 'Oh my God! We love this.' I know what happens when you open for bands like this. If you open for a band like Slayer, everyone's going to chant 'Slayer, Slayer' during your set."

Real metal bands dont need to "make anything clear" about them being metal or not. These guys arent shit and wont be in the future. They may have a couple good tunes on there albums but so did many other bands who turned out to be shit. These guys rip GNR off so bad its not even funny.

Avenged Sevenfold Want Out Of 'Teeny Magazines' And To Be Considered A Heavy Metal Band

MTV.com reports: M. Shadows wants to set the record straight so there's no confusion: Avenged Sevenfold are a heavy metal band.

The platinum-grilled frontman said that although topping the "TRL" countdown drove sales of the band's 2005 album, City of Evil, past the 560,000-sold mark, he wants to make sure "the perception of Avenged Sevenfold doesn't get twisted in the wrong light."

"When you go to our live show, it's a full-on heavy metal show, and we don't need — I mean, no offense to 10-year-old and 11-year-old little girls, [but] they're not going to understand the experience," he said.

The clip for the first single, "Bat Country," spent more than a week as the "TRL" audience's top pick. "We want our shows to be respectable heavy metal shows. We're a rock and roll band, and we want kids to know that."

So when it came time to release the record's second single, the band went with the more acerbic "Beast and the Harlot" to separate the wheat from the chafe.

"With 'Beast and the Harlot,' we wanted kids to know that this record isn't driven towards 'TRL,' " Shadows said. "It's a rock record. This is what Avenged Sevenfold is about. It's not a radio-driven band. This next single's more for the fans, more for the kids that get the record, and get the whole record — not just the poppy chorus and the Hunter S. Thompson thing, and that's all we care about this band for. The quicker you can get rid of those people, the better. I think going with 'Beast' was more of us trying to solidify our career and not throw it down the drain by being in a bunch of teeny magazines. We don't belong there. That kind of scared us a bit, and I think it's smart to push back and deliver a real rock single next."

Avenged, who launched a 26-date co-headlining tour with Coheed and Cambria on Friday night in Poughkeepsie, New York, will look to augment their metal cred this summer with a little help from Metallica and Guns N' Roses.

On opening for Metallica and Guns N' Roses, M. Shadows commented: "I'm not nervous at all [about opening for both bands]. I feel we're the ones that are going to come up and take those bands' place when they're not doing it anymore. I'm so confident with our live show that I think it's going to be great. I don't expect all those fans to be like, 'Oh my God! We love this.' I know what happens when you open for bands like this. If you open for a band like Slayer, everyone's going to chant 'Slayer, Slayer' during your set."

how do they rip GN'R off?

how do they rip GN'R off?

Many ways...

M. Shadows claims that the new album is there "white" album the way slash did.

There is a A7X logo with two pistols that resemble the GnR logo.

Shadows hired a vocal coach after he heard Axl Rose used one

He hired the same coach.

Seize The Day ((watch the video)) total ripoff of November Rain

Edited by axlrose4eva

And so what if they are influenced by GNR, or even, as you say "rip off" GNR. At least they are 'ripping off' good bands like GNR and Metallica. Everyone has some kind of influence and is reminicent of another band. At least the music is good and the lyrics are catchy.

And about the TRL thing, if it wasn't for VH1, I probably wouldn't have given these guys the time of day. But when I saw their over-the-top look and the fact that they actually played their instruments (Dual guitar harmony) I gave them a shot.

I guess what AV7X said is true, people either love them or hate everything about them.

I wouldn't say they are rippin off Guns...they look up to them and are influenced/inspired by them. Would you say GnR ripped off Aerosmith? And 'smith ripped off zeppelin? No.

As far as the M.Shadow's statement there, I see the point he was trying to make...that their music shouldn't be percieved on the same level as Britney Spears and Chamillionaire. They surely wouldn't be as successful if "Bat Country" hadn't been all over MTV, but at the same time it's so 'cliche' these days to be on TRL, they don't want the image. They don't wanna look like a repeat-band with no talent and only 15 minutes(or should I say seconds these days) of fame.

Anyone can get on MTV now whether they have talent or not. Its not how it used to be-- when record producers and TV executives shyed away from bands which seemed too obscene, gritty, or dangerous (cough*gnr*cough).

All i'm saying is give Avenged Sevenfold some credit...their statement may have come off a little arrogant/conceded, but everyone who read it knows for damn sure what they are trying to get at ;)

A7X are 1 of the few "newer" bands that i think actually have talent. It's obvious that they're inspired by GnR, but that's a good thing imo. When i saw them live, the guitarists were amazing. Granted, Shadows voice sounded tore up, but from what i've seen of them lately he sounds better.

About the whole "emo" thing. I think that term gets used way too much anymore. Some could say that Better has an "emo" sound to it. I'm sure i could point out songs that are 20 years old that could be labeled "emo", atleast by some people's standards.

I think labels suck anyhow, if it's good music and it strikes a chord with you in one way or another then who gives a fuck if it's emo, metal,reggae, or whathefuckever?

I love AX7

it's one of my favorite bands right now. And I think the whole band is much better musicians then the guys in Guns N' Roses (apart from Bumblefoot). And I think the singers voice is much stronger then Axl's. So I don't care if thay rip off Guns N' Roses . And Guns N' Roses ripped off Aerosmith as much as AX7 ripps off GN'R....So who the fuck cares?

Edited by Desperado

Theyve been trying to emulate GNR since City of Evil, not necessarily musicaly but with the feel of their records, so yeah.

But I think theyre a good band, one of my favorites to be honest. They have four solid albums, an insane guitar duo, and one of my favorite drummers. Shadows has his moments but overall i find him to be quite a mediocre singer and lyricist, but his screaming on Waking The Fallen is fuckin sweet.

But if this is how you wanna judge A7X go ahead and be fuckin gay