Chinatown

wasted

I caught this on Cinemax other night. It's slowly becoming my favorite movie. Very subtle movie. Get this whole picture from very little. Lots of history of LA and this dark metaphor of Chinatown. I've seen it many times now and just love the way it comes together. Dunaways make up is Chinese. I want to find the book The mankinbg of Chinatown I read stuff about in the Evans autobiography and Easy Riders and Raging Bull books.

Forget it Jack, it's Chinatown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDt7lXdE58A

Like last night on Heros they stole a line from this movie.

The Dr. has a cut nose and a bandage like Jack does in Chinatown and they ask him does that hurt he says "Only when I breathe" - direct lift from Chinatown.

Jack: What can you buy that you don't already have?

Cross: The future Mr Gittes, the future.

Edited by wasted

I caught this on Cinemax other night. It's slowly becoming my favorite movie. Very subtle movie. Get this whole picture from very little. Lots of history of LA and this dark metaphor of Chinatown. I've seen it many times now and just love the way it comes together. Dunaways make up is Chinese. I want to find the book The mankinbg of Chinatown I read stuff about in the Evans autobiography and Easy Riders and Raging Bull books.

Forget it Jack, it's Chinatown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDt7lXdE58A

Like last night on Heros they stole a line from this movie.

The Dr. has a cut nose and a bandage like Jack does in Chinatown and they ask him does that hurt he says "Only when I breathe" - direct lift from Chinatown.

Jack: What can you buy that you don't already have?

Cross: The future Mr Gittes, the future.

Good Flick!!

If you like that one, you should check out-"The French Connection"

I've seen French Connection. I think I sort of didn't get it. I wasn't concentrating. There's a car chase.

Two Jakes also good too. Jack has some funny lines (Just wait here...and put your ass in the air). But it's sort of playing Chinatown a bit.

There's a few of those Raging books, one that focuses on Tarantino and Miramax independent boom 90s - should read it. The 70s one just did everything Godfather, Apocaplypse, Chinatown, Goodfellas.

I've seen French Connection. I think I sort of didn't get it. I wasn't concentrating. There's a car chase.

Two Jakes also good too. Jack has some funny lines (Just wait here...and put your ass in the air). But it's sort of playing Chinatown a bit.

There's a few of those Raging books, one that focuses on Tarantino and Miramax independent boom 90s - should read it. The 70s one just did everything Godfather, Apocaplypse, Chinatown, Goodfellas.

Can you tell me more about these Raging books you speak of? And other good pop culture or film books you know of

Easy Riders, Raging Bulls: How the Sex-drugs-and Rock 'n' Roll Generation Changed Hollywood by Peter Biskind (Paperback - 27 Sep 1999) - theres two of these, then some spin offs about 90s independent cinema.

The Kid Stays in the Picture: A Hollywood Life (Paperback)

by Robert Evans (Author)

Best movie books I ever read.

There's also a Natural Born Killers book, a making of account featuring the producers of the movie. Hamsher is a name I remember but on amazon it says a novisation of movie which is not it.

This is it - has new cover - Killer Instinct: How Two Young Producers Took on Hollywood (Paperback)

by Jane Hamsher (Author) - get this one.

Also Oliver Stone's USA - Film, History and Controversy by Toplin is pretty great book about Stone, its pretty serious though. Covers Doors, JFK, NBK everything really well. There is another one that is more trashy which I found more fun, just about Olly rollin in Hollywood, doing peyote in the desert - the first Method Director :rofl-lol: - thats probably killer instict.

I'm reading Kevin Smith's My Boring Ass Life at the moment, quite amusing sort of diary/blog 600 pages. Should be boring but its nice glimpse into the how much he eats, how many movies he watches, and helping real life Jay kick heroin.

"Fell asleep watching Tivo'd Simpsons"

want to read

Hollywood Animal (Paperback)

by Joe Eszterhas (Author)

next

If you never encounter Manic Street Preachers then

Everything (A Book about Manic Street Preachers) (Paperback)

by Simon Price (Author)

and a cd of Forever Delayed.

but the nation is divided on this band.

Edited by wasted