Pearl Jam - Black

FunkyMonk

Now normally I wouldn't make a thread for one song...but this is an exceptional exception. My god it is amazing, in the last few days it's become one of my favourite songs ever. The lyrics are just beautiful and I can't get it out of my head.

"I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,

I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky"

I love the way those lyrics flow and kick in just at the perfect moment. Gives me chills. 

I'm not even getting over a breakup for this song to be significant to me....but I can't wait till I get dumped just so I can listen to this song :D!

Just amazing. What other Pearl Jam albums should I get? And are they all as great as Ten?

Man, I love that song so much. It's my favourite off Ten, my favourite Pearl Jam track and probably in my top ten tracks overall.

As far as other Pearl Jam albums go, I would recommend Vs., Pearl Jam, Vitalogy and No Code. Also, try and get audio (or video) of their performance on MTV Unplugged if you can.

This was my favourite song all through my teenage years. I remember I did an analysis of the lyrics for an english assignment.

I don't think it really ages all that well. At 25 I now kinda laugh at the "all five horizons revolved around her soul" stuff.

Anyway, I still say Ten has their best songs. But the production on the Vs and Vitalogy albums is much better.

Edited by Dead Flower

:mellow: Thank you.

And about the lyrics, I really like them, and about them being cliche they may seem like it at first but I dunno I read the lyrics as if it's a kind of naive young love and the sentiments in it seem exaggerated from a first love point-of-view. I'm probably wrong, but it fits in with me if you know what I mean. 

Probably my favourite song of all times. :) It's just perfect. Even with a major lyric screw-up like in the Unplugged version, it's nothing but amazing.

Check out Riot Act, this is my second favourite album after Ten. You should also really check out all their live releases, then you'll get to know a lot of their different stuff when they're doing them best! :)

Probably my favourite song of all times. :) It's just perfect. Even with a major lyric screw-up like in the Unplugged version, it's nothing but amazing.

what major lyric screw up would that be?

During the first verse Eddie missed those lyrics:

"Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore

And now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds"

when he sang "How quick the sun can drop away" way too early. You can even see him shake his head slightly after he realised it. It's around 1.35 in the video.

Edited by Spoon87