Are Muse the greatest band going these days?

FunkyMonk

Are Muse the greatest band now?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't think of any bands that can keep up with the greatness that is Muse these days. Even "old" bands like GN'R don't really have a patch on their brilliance.

There's not a doubt in my mind that they were when Origin of Symmetry came out back in 2001(?), even though I didn't know about them then they still would've been the best band then too.

So who comes to mind when someone asks "who's better than Muse right now?", I can't think of anyone. There may be bands I like more than Muse...but they certainly aren't as good.

Edit: *Poll added*

Edited by FunkyMonk

Hmmm, yeah I can think of a lot of bands I like more, but Muse really have their own thing going on that can't really be compared. Plus they're a really amazing live act, only thing I'd say is better than them as a live band at the moment is Axl's GN'R when they're on fire and Kiss.

na Black Label Society are. Muse pushes no boundaries, its very safe music

And Black Label Society does? :lol:

I voted yes!

I swear I've read this conversation before. Was this an old topic that somehow glitched and is showing up as being "new"? Because I know I saw this topic before and recognize every single response from well over a week ago.

I voted yes!

hard rock metal that no one else is playing, with rythmns and shit hot playing. Muse arejust muse, like every other whiney ass goth rock wannabe's

Dear God, you are far out on this one. :lol:

BLS is nothing big, it's just Metal like it has been played since the early 70's. Nothing new about anything BLS has ever done.

Muse is one of the most innovative rock bands of today. They have created their own style and music.

Goth rock wannabe?

:lol:

Edited by Raw Power

I voted yes!

I swear I've read this conversation before. Was this an old topic that somehow glitched and is showing up as being "new"? Because I know I saw this topic before and recognize every single response from well over a week ago.

It's called Deja Vu.

Muse are both innovative and excellent in what they do , you hear alot of bands muddling withy effects and sythnizer trying to make something of it , but Muse have the perfect formula of guitarrs effects and synth in 1 , there excellent

Hysteria new born and time is running out along with starlight are inspirational.

Well, I certainly love them. I think Radiohead is the better of the two, but that's ok - I love them both

I think Tool is very good.

Sorry but you're high as a kite if you think Muse has done anything at this point to touch Gnr in their hey-day

I voted No.

U2 is still the greatest thing going, and people that cannot see that.........in my opinion, are stupid.

They have released, more "Great" Records than any other band in the last 30 years.

And some of their records, are so GREAT.............they make the rest of their records look average.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, and Porcupine Tree is a close second.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Exactly :lol:. I like(ed) BLS, but honestly they don't do much different from album to album, and although they are pretty damn good at what they do, there's lots of other bands doing the exact same thing.

Nah. BH+R is a very weak album. Still absolutely fucking MINDBLOWING live, but they're not the best.

That award goes to Agalloch.

Yeah that's why I more mentioned about then being the best around 2001 with Origin. They really need to come back with another great album (although their last one still had some great songs on it).

I never know any of your other crazy bands...

Sorry but you're high as a kite if you think Muse has done anything at this point to touch Gnr in their hey-day

Nah I just meant they are better than Nu-GN'R, and any of the old "nostalgia" bands that are doing their rounds.