The best gig of my life last night...

avrilsp5.jpg

And don't give me how POP punk is different. When someone even conjures up the word PUNK, these are a few of the first things that come to my mind...

THE RAMONES

THE SEX PISTOLS

THE NEW YORK DOLLS

THE MISFITS

and many more, but that's just the intial... FOUR seconds <_<

Edited by Axlin08

link 1

2:03 rebel-girl started in church...before "punk rock"

link 2

"I like my punk rock music."

Sorry man...but Avril hails from just down the road a piece...there was no escaping rebel-girl in these parts back then.Our local news and papers were inundated with Avril quips.She was totally being sold as punk.

Napanee,Whitby...anything north or east of Toronto was being hailed as a punk mecca with all these upstart bands that were going to carry the torch of punk...with Avril leading the charge.

(It was funny as hell).

Anyway...she's a big girl now...she done growed up..married and like everything!

Oh and the "hey hey you you wanna be my boyfriend" fluff earned her twenty gazillion dollars...of course she's decrying her punk image now.

"I never said I was punk"....riiiiiiight.

Edited by zint61

avril1dw4lq3.jpg

What are they even doing there? Douchebags.

The most annoying thing is that Avril has grown up and just gone totally pop but her band still headbang like they're playing in a metal band. It all looks really ridiculous. You have Avril doing dance routines with back-up dancers and then them 'rocking out' to the same two chords in a pop song. :huh:

I find it puzzling people still get hung up on the whole punk issue too. She was so young back then.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

I think I got dumber just watching that.

And she's full of shit. Maybe SHE doesn't label HERSELF, but the record company does. She's manufactured, they market her as punk, they've always marketed her as punk, which means the radio markets & advertises her as punk, and even her MySpace has her listed as 'punk'.

If she hates labels and the punk label, I suggest she cut a country album... until then.

She was 16 when she started out and probably thought Blink 182 was punk.

Agreed...but she followed that lead,and did consider herself "punk".

She's being a bit forgetful if she's stating that she never considered herself punk...the media has a way of busting artists at times like these.

She writes fun little pop songs that attracts a huge teenage fanbase. I've got no problem with her.

Agreed...she does what she does well.

It's not my thing...but I have to give her credit for writing catchy little tunes....at least on that level she's not a Girl-licious clone.

Edited by zint61

All these fuckin genres man...I read that there's now Christian Black Metal??

what-the-fuck!

Dear God. I just get this picture in my head of that Christian Heavy Metal band in that South Park episode.

Band: "Prayin' to Christ is really hardcore!"

Cartman: "Yeah you guys are real hardcore :rolleyes:"