Albums recommended..

AGAINSTME!

If i say im into GN'R... :xmassrudolph: - What would you recommend... Skynyrd and Aerosmith to me are a natural given..

But really lookin' for some Rock N Roll, with melodic touches and lyrics such as GNR does it..

If you got albums or just songs.. Pls. Recommend.. Cant get enough you know.. !

Thanks...!

AgainstMe!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

AC/DC works for everyone.

Then there are bands like Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Nirvana, The Kinks, Queen, Alice Cooper, New York Dolls, Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Smiths, Blind Melon, The Misfits, WASP, Pearl Jam, Thin Lizzy, Molly Hatchet, The Velvet Underground...

This list of great bands could be alot longer.

EDIT: Oops you asked for albums, not bands...

I'll try to edit soon.

Rolling Stones: Flowers, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Exile on Main St.

The Beatles: Everything they've done is great. Yellow Submarine isn't the album to start with though.

Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II, Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV.

The Doors: About every album is great.

Nirvana: I like everyone. Nevermind is the one most people start with though.

The Kinks: Kinda Kinks, The Kink Kontroversy, Face to Face, Something Else by the Kinks. Those are the only one I can remember right now.

Queen: Everything! But you could start with the greatest hits albums.

Alice Cooper: Everything done in the 70's is great. Nothing later then 88 or 90 somewhere there is good.

New York Dolls: Selftitled and Too Much Too Soon is great. Can't remember if I've even heard any other. :unsure:

Sex Pistols: Nevermind The Bullocks (No shit :xmassrudolph:). You could try Kiss This or something like that too.

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

The Rolling Stones: Sticky Fingers

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik

Led Zeppelin: Led Zeppelin IV

Foo Fighters: In Your Honor

The Beales: Revolver

Metallica: The Black Album

AC/DC: High Voltage

Stone Temple Pilots: Core

Pearl Jam: Ten

The Raconteurs: Consolers Of The Lonely

The White Stripes: Elephant

Black Sabbath: Paranoid

Rage Against The Machine: The Battle Of Los Angeles

The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Electric Ladyland

Queen: Jazz

Kings Of Leon: Aha Shake Heartbreak

Van Halen: Van Halen

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

Jesus.. So many helpful people out there.. This is really cool of you all.. So thanks...

As a comment to some suggestion...

Sex pistols - Too punk and messy.. Appreciate their sound, just dont think its any good...

Nirvana, some good songs, but again.. Grunge, Simplified and very dark (that i do like though), but just not my thing (apart for some songs of course)

Beatles, Queen, VR, Aerosmith, Doors, Oasis, U2, RHCP, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, im all with you.. But for me.. They dont come anywhere near Guns (Who does)...

- Those who wrote numbers... THANKS!! ive missed alot of songs by the looks of it.. And what bigger pleasure is there than to find one of those true Gems.. - Heard Eric Clapton - Layla., the other day.. Live... Was amazin...

How about some a bit more on the Rock N Roll scene... Backyard babies, Hanoi Rocks, Turbonegro, Mando Diao, DAD, Supercharger.. Etc..

Or just names of songs.. Really looking for some GNR feeling to it... Though I WILL DEFINATELY CHECK OUT ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS OUT OF RESPECT TO YOUR GOOD TASTE... LETS SEE HOW GOOD IT IS!!! ;)...

THANK YOU...

Jesus.. So many helpful people out there.. This is really cool of you all.. So thanks...

Sex pistols - Too punk and messy.. Appreciate their sound, just dont think its any good...

Nirvana, some good songs, but again.. Grunge, Simplified and very dark (that i do like though), but just not my thing (apart for some songs of course)

Beatles, Queen, VR, Aerosmith, Doors, Oasis, U2, RHCP, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Pink Floyd, im all with you.. But for me.. They dont come anywhere near Guns (Who does)...

- Those who wrote numbers... THANKS!! ive missed alot of songs by the looks of it.. And what bigger pleasure is there than to find one of those true Gems.. - Heard Eric Clapton - Layla., the other day.. Live... Was amazin...

How about some a bit more on the Rock N Roll scene... Backyard babies, Hanoi Rocks, Turbonegro, Mando Diao, DAD, Supercharger.. Etc..

Or just names of songs.. Really looking for some GNR feeling to it... Though I WILL DEFINATELY CHECK OUT ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS OUT OF RESPECT TO YOUR GOOD TASTE... LETS SEE HOW GOOD IT IS!!! ;)...

THANK YOU...

Some of those bands are better than Gn'R.

THANK YOU...

Some of those bands are better than Gn'R.

Not in my world... :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta:

A blend of that kind is in my eyes unseen to this day... The lyrics... However come up with... Unreal.. !

Must say, this is the only band forum I hang around... - LISTEN TO THEM.. ! Can cum and cum for years to go.. ! Take me back... !

All of Sunny Day Real Estate's albums.

Or at least Diary ;).

Payin' The Dues - The Hellacopters

Fun House - Iggy & The Stooges

Vulture Street - Powderfinger

Permission To Land - The Darkness

Overnite Sensation - Frank Zappa

Bit of a variety there, all ace stuff but :).