AGAINSTME!

i Recommend:

Motley Crue: Saints Of Los Angeles + Theatre Of Pain

Stone Sour: Come Whatever May

Kid Rock: Cocky + Rock N Roll Jesus

Wendesday 13: Transylvania 90210

Sebastian Bach: Angel Down

Skid Row: Slave To The Grind + Self Titled

I suggest Come What (Ever) May the most strongly though, best album ive bought in quite a while....

Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet, Let It Be, Sticky Fingers

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Cosmo's Factory

Queen - their entire catalog

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

AC/DC - High Voltage up through For Those About To Rock, We Salute You

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Lynyrd Skynyrd, Second Helping & Street Survivors

Aerosmith - all of the 70's stuff

Edited by Axlin08

Okay dude, alot of people in this thread are just stating obvious big rock bands that have little or nothing in common with the GNR sound that you crave. Sadly no other band out their will fill the void GNR has left, however I got a few albums for you that might get close to the dizzying heights you require.

Bad Company - Holy Water (None of the Paul Rodgers stuff this is Brian Howe howling vocals and dirty guitars all over it)

Dokken - Back for the Attack (Grubby 80's Heavy Metal band in similar vain to GNR a bit darker and nastier, unsung heroes of the 80's without a doubt sold millions of albums and people still lump them in with the likes of Ratt, Warrant and Posion which they certainly are not)

The Glitterati - The Glitterati (Modern English band who have unashamably ripped of the GNR sound to the extreme, it actually sounds like Slash and Duff are playing on that record, granted the singer is no Axl and leaves a lot to be desired, but check them out all the same and dream of the Top-Hatted one busting out all the wah wah lead!)

If you're just looking to get into more music, you could check out the artists who GN'R covered on The Spaghetti Incident?, as well as their other albums. Since most bands like GNR - Motley Crue, Hanoi Rocks et al - suck, this would be a good place to expand your music collection if you don't know where to start.

GN'R were the first band I ever really fell in love with, and listening to their influences was all I could really think of since I didn't know much about music or how to use the Internet to download albums particularly well then, but it helped improve my knowledge and tastes in music. Johnny Thunders' So Alone, The Stooges' Raw Power, T.Rex's The Slider and The Damned's Damned Damned Damned are highly recommended; although not too similar to GN'R, you can definitely see that they took a lot from these artists for Appetite.

Edited by Black Monk Time

Opax... dude... huh?

GN'R GOT INTO THIS BUSINESS/ART because of bands like The Stones, Queen, Zeppelin, etc.

And Ratt is better than Dokken by the way. Comparing Dokken to GN'R is just... dear God.

Yeah well I was just trying to point him down a different path, I'm sure he already knows about LZ, Stones and Queen, so I'm trying to let him no about bands that sound like GN'R (to a degree) not bands that GN'R got inspiration from (who also don't necessarily sound anything like GN'R)

The Glitterati - The Glitterati (Modern English band who have unashamably ripped of the GNR sound to the extreme, it actually sounds like Slash and Duff are playing on that record, granted the singer is no Axl and leaves a lot to be desired, but check them out all the same and dream of the Top-Hatted one busting out all the wah wah lead!)

Holy crap I wouldn't be surprised if these guys wrote their songs while listening to Contraband, it's so so similer. They are like VR-lite. VR with less talent, they aren't awful but. They even look like them!