GG Allin on Jerry Springer!

Lithium

there is/was no point in that man. Also, his ideas don't even make sense, I do wonder what happened to that Liz girl, I saw her in another video about him, its been over 15 years since he died, hopefully she did something right in life since then.

However, I do think I have a song of his somewhere on my ipod???? dont quote me.

I'm sorry, but this guy is a total joke, and always was. Interesting to watch him? Yes, of course; as human beings we are innately fascinated by death, chaos and destruction. We have to slow down to watch the car accident when we pass by.

Deliberately taking "rock n' roll" to extremes - such as bestiality and rape on stage - to prove that rock n' roll is dangerous and rebellious is just as bad as pretending to be rock n' roll and conforming to standards. In both cases it involves artists going out of their way to avoid what they perceive to be the unwanted middle ground of rock n' roll. G.G. Allin is complete shit compared to Springsteen, Lennon, Berry, Lewis, Plant, Jagger, et al, and though they all dabbled in excesses and vices, they didn't go out of their way to do so just for a silly image -- and they didn't go on a trailer trash TV talk show to promote themselves further by exposing their weaknesses. And they were all far more "rock n' roll" and far more talented than G.G. Allin ever was. Allin took great delight in depravity simply because he wanted to prove a point -- a very silly, inane point. At the end of the day, though, the only point he ever established was that he was an idiot "preaching" to easily swayed teenagers and fellow idiotic rednecks -- the most impressionable and the most moronic, respectively. Rock n' roll has been achieved by superior artists using less juvenile and depraved methods.

ER i can see you're holding back here, please, tell us what you REALLY think :xmasssanta:

I think every generation needs a GG Allin.

I downloaded Carnival of Excess today, and I like it. Acoustic country with an edge to it. He does a quite decent cover of "Carmelita" too. I kinda like him when he is not singing about raping pigs.