port forwarding

ssiscool

This is driving me mad.

I follow the guide for my router here: Portforward.com

I then do all that go to bit torrent and it still says the port is not forwarded! any help is appriciated please.

I just got 20 meg broadband and my downloads are averaging at 500Kb and peaking at 1000Kb but when i check my ports are not forwarded, now i guess i shouldn't moan but fuck it i want the best i can get.The problem is my router has no clue on it as to what make or model it is, anybody know another way than visual to check it?

This is driving me mad.

I follow the guide for my router here: Portforward.com

I then do all that go to bit torrent and it still says the port is not forwarded! any help is appriciated please.

Are you using a static or dynamic IP address? Set your computer up to use a static IP through your router. That will make it so that your PC gets the same IP address each time it connects to your router. Then, forward the port for that IP. Make sure you have it set to forward both TCP and UDP. Make sure that your router's firewall is off. Use Windows Firewall and add BitTorrent to your exceptions list.

I just got 20 meg broadband and my downloads are averaging at 500Kb and peaking at 1000Kb but when i check my ports are not forwarded, now i guess i shouldn't moan but fuck it i want the best i can get.The problem is my router has no clue on it as to what make or model it is, anybody know another way than visual to check it?

If your router has a web-based interface, you can navigate to its IP address and check the model number there.

GOAB: Speed issues. I tried torrents a few months back from Paradisecitytracker and was getting unbeliveable shit speeds. Like 0.3kbps. I just tried again not having done anything else except used dime and now in the day get like 100-200kbps and in the evening 20-60kbps.

Santana: i got it set up to obtain an IP automaticly.

Edited by ssiscool