XTRMNTR

SolidSnake

IMO this is the single most important album of the decade, it reflects the violence and chaos of the world today perfectly, there are also some beautiful subtle moments like "keep your dreams". You will Rarely (in this decade at least) hear music that is so alive, so angry, and so caustic. Heres what others said.

XTRMNTR.jpg

AMAZON

Primal Scream's XTRMNTR is one of the most intense and innovative politically charged musical diatribes since the MC5's 1969 debut. Approaching electronic, funk, and alt-punk-based sounds with equal ferocity, this is arguably the band's finest record yet.

Ink Blot Magazine

The most exciting album in years....as punishing and urgent as any music you've ever heard.

MTV.com

Think of a universe far, far away, where Ministry, Raw Power-era Iggy Pop, Public Enemy, and Meat Beat Manifesto get together for a pissed-off, hyped-up jam. That's what XTRMNTR sounds like, and it's a downright amazing disc.

Dot Music

Throughout the album, Primal Scream set a furious pace that only narrowly stops itself before the last note is spat out. In the preceding 65 minutes, what you get is as monumental a sonic statement of the times as 'Screamadelica' was over ten years ago, the first great album of the millennium and probably the best record of the year.

Resonance

The music sounds lean and direct, focused but exceedingly angry, like the band received a collective kick in the ass from some higher power.... The first masterpiece of the new millennium... [#26, p.46]

Checkout.com

It's an album of textural terror, a musical abrasive applied to the slick multinational machinery, via hard beats and sonic density, angry politix and dance-floor decline.

Alternative Press (Record Of The Week)

Think of Exterminator as a Baskin-Robbins shop that makes 31 flavors of amphetamine sulfate instead of ice cream: each flavor's totally wired and totally tasty. [Record of the Week pick]

New Musical Express

The angriest, least compromised, most utterly justified pop record in years

Q Magazine

A darkly uncompromising and often difficult record: uneasy, sinister, scored and scarred with sonic detritus and, in layman?s terms, a bloody racket.

Puncture

Like the cover art, the content of this album is fast, loud, and abrasive, filled with images of speed and violence.... Thankfully, it's not all pedal-to-the-floor mayhem. There are plenty of moments like the cascading synths and free-jazz horns of "Blood Money" to keep things less than predictable. [#47, p.35]

Edited by SolidSnake

Accelerate!

They were on fire with this one. Sort of like PiL for the 90s. In terms of Rock N Roll post-Nirvana it's way up there. Mixing new technologies with Stooges rock n roll spirit perfectly. Reminds me of Silkworms!

Accelerate!

They were on fire with this one. Sort of like PiL for the 90s. In terms of Rock N Roll post-Nirvana it's way up there. Mixing new technologies with Stooges rock n roll spirit perfectly. Reminds me of Silkworms!

hard to believe the album is 8 years old, it's still sounds fresh and vital. Probably their best album. Although im loving their new album!

I'd never thought of it before but this album sounds like how I expect some GNR material might sound.

On this album they have got this crazy live sound really raw and ripping on sounds like Accelerator.

There last one just cracked me up it was like Give out but Don't give up 2 - Sort of Stonesy rockers and spaced out ballads.

I'm definitely getting they new album.

When the bomb drops!