Jonas Brothers...on the cover of Rolling Stone

chevelle

Teeny boppers don't belong on RS, it doesn't feel right. I go from reading a Pearl Jam interview to seeing that at the bottom of the screen. The first paragraph or three of the article is solely about 10 year olds going crazy over them. Wasn't this a rock magazine?

read this comment:

okay.. rolling stone...

how the hell could you POSSIBLY consider putting anyone OTHER than lil wayne on the cover? honestly? the JONAS BROTHERS? i understand how popular they are and WHATEVER if you want to put them on the cover. but lil wayne has sold more records than anyone in a LONG TIME. i'm not even a huge lil wayne fan but honestly!! you keep writing stuff about how messed up the record industry is and how low cd sales are.. well hello? dude! lil wayne friggin owns everyone! the jonas brothers' record is 'expected' to sell millions.. well lil wayne's did. so.. hmm.. let's mull that over, shall we? i can understand if you want to appeal to all the 14 year old girls out there, you know because they're all such avid fans of good music, but why don't you do something that makes sense. you keep raving about lil wayne being the greatest rapper blah blah blah. yeah? well why don't you show that you actually mean it.

Teeny boppers don't belong on RS, it doesn't feel right. I go from reading a Pearl Jam interview to seeing that at the bottom of the screen. The first paragraph or three of the article is solely about 10 year olds going crazy over them. Wasn't this a rock magazine?

Yes, it was. It morphed into a pop culture magazine many years ago. Starlets, supermodels...good lord, even Jessica Simpson has graced the cover. This isn't a big deal. At all.

What I don't remember, is exactly when Spin went south. That used to be the alt RS and it was bitching.

Edited by Angelica

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstor...ction=rate#rate

My jaw literally dropped when I saw this...holy shit, I'm so pissed right now it's ridiculous.

Okay...I really don't see the problem in this I mean sure it's the Jonas Brothers but... I think they are quite good actually (and one of them is good looking lol) but seriously what does it matter?

Too bad Demi Lovato couldn't be on the cover with them. She's so fucking cute and I wanna steal her soul.

LOL :rofl-lol:

Well it's fucking better than a giant shot of Obama's damn Grill on the cover, with no words anywhere near it, as if he's the Messiah or something

Your political bias is fucking embarrassing. If it were McCain you'd probably say it was the best thing since sliced bread, and yes, Obama is America's political messiah. George W. Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents of all time - don't expect to see him on lists next to Lincoln or Washington.

obama = bush lite

Well it's fucking better than a giant shot of Obama's damn Grill on the cover, with no words anywhere near it, as if he's the Messiah or something

Your political bias is fucking embarrassing. If it were McCain you'd probably say it was the best thing since sliced bread, and yes, Obama is America's political messiah. George W. Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents of all time - don't expect to see him on lists next to Lincoln or Washington.

Yeah, that's it. Make a statement about political bias in those terms and follow it up with a sentence using the word "probably"

You've no clue what you're talking about. You think I want to see McCain's mug gracing the cover of RS? How'd you figure that? I want McCain to win, and if he does, then his face should grace the cover. Untill then, he or Obama can be on the cover, but it was the method they used that was embarrassing here, pal. Posting a giant picture of Obama's face with no words is quite powerful, and should only be used in the event he actually get into office...maybe. Untill then, you're basically seeing the exact the problem with the media....trying to create this image of the Messiah coming to save us.....and it is you who are too naive to recognize it.......that was the point.

Edited by DCGNR