AC/DC to stage first world tour in eight years

Marky

Their new album will just sound the same as the rest of their albums do....

yeah basically..and why would they make it wal mart exclusive? wouldnt that bring down sales?

Wal Mart is the number 1 music retailer in the USA, so no it won't bring down sales. Just ask the Eagles, who sold over 2 million copies as a Wal Mart exclusive, and Journey who just released an album in June and is still in the top 40.

Great. Now I'll have to go through a pain-in-the-ass process to get the album. Fuck you AC/DC and fuck you WalMart. But I am looking forward to the tour.

I hate Wal Mart and alot of their policies, but how is it gonna be a pain in the ass to get the cd? You walk into the store, grab the cd, go pay for it, just like you would at any other store.

Great. Now I'll have to go through a pain-in-the-ass process to get the album. Fuck you AC/DC and fuck you WalMart. But I am looking forward to the tour.

I hate Wal Mart and alot of their policies, but how is it gonna be a pain in the ass to get the cd? You walk into the store, grab the cd, go pay for it, just like you would at any other store.

i think what he meant was maybe he doesnt normally go to wal mart, so its out of his way to go and buy it. or possibly cause wal mart isnt close to where he lives so its not convenient to go there and get it

i think what he meant was maybe he doesnt normally go to wal mart, so its out of his way to go and buy it. or possibly cause wal mart isnt close to where he lives so its not convenient to go there and get it

Nope, I don't think that's what he meant. :lol:

Edit: Actually, I think it's a little TOO close to him for comfort.

Edited by AxlsAngel

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've known about this for a couple of days... been waiting half my life to see this band! :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta:

Damn, you have never caught them in concert yet? I'm shocked!

I would like to see them, but they never come around my world.

here's a little more info I seen earlier

http://hardrockheavymetal.wordpress.com/20...ngle-confirmed/

Thought this would be relevant, as new album talk, the release date has changed. From Ultimate Guitar:

AC/DC To Open Stores In NY, LA

The Pulse of Radio reports that AC/DC is tentatively planning to open two stores, one in New York and one in Los Angeles, that will exclusively sell AC/DC music and merchandise, according to HardDrive Radio. The shops will open their doors at the same time that the group's new album, "Black Ice", hits the streets and will close after the holidays. No other details on the exact locations have been announced. "Black Ice", meanwhile, has had its release date pushed up one week, from October 28 to October 21. The record, AC/DC's first in eight years, will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart, whose stores will also host their own special AC/DC display areas. The areas will consist of large tour cases that will contain merch, their CD catalogue, as well as a Rock Band display. AC/DC will continue its stance of not allowing their music to be sold through digital online services.

The first single from "Black Ice", titled "Rock 'n Roll Train", will arrive at radio stations August 28. A source at Harddrive Radio described it as "smoking hot. It's AC/DC like we love them, loud, anthemic and hard!"

AC/DC will travel to London, England in early August to shoot a video for "Rock 'n Roll Train".

"Black Ice" is AC/DC's first new studio effort since 2000's "Stiff Upper Lip". It was recorded at a Canadian studio with Pearl Jam and Bruce Springsteen producer Brendan O'Brien.

The legendary rockers are slated to begin an 18-month world tour in October, with the trek reportedly kicking off on around Halloween in Chicago.

The 1977 AC/DC song "Let There Be Rock" will be featured in the new Rock Band 2 video game, due out in September. This will mark the band's first and so far only contribution to a video game soundtrack.

Thanks for the report to Blabbermouth.net.

Because I don't shop at Wal Mart. And even if I did, have you seen a Wal Mart parking lot? And the check out line is never less than a half hour wait. Still a pain in the ass :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

AC/DC have unveiled the tracklisting for 'Black Ice', the band’s first album in eight years.

The record is set to be released October 21 and will made exclusively available at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, as well as through the band's official website.

As previously reported, 'Black Ice' will be the band's first new studio album since the release of 'Stiff Upper Lip' in 2000, and was recorded with producer Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver.

The tracklisting is:

'Rock 'N' Roll Train’

'Skies on Fire'

'Big Jack'

'Anything Goes'

'War Machine'

'Smash 'n' Grab'

'Spoilin' For a Fight'

'Wheels'

'Decibel'

'Stormy May Day'

'She Likes Rock 'n' Roll'

'Money Made'

'Rock 'n' Roll Dream'

'Rocking All the Way'

'Black Ice'

AC/DC have unveiled the tracklisting for 'Black Ice', the band’s first album in eight years.

The record is set to be released October 21 and will made exclusively available at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club, as well as through the band's official website.

As previously reported, 'Black Ice' will be the band's first new studio album since the release of 'Stiff Upper Lip' in 2000, and was recorded with producer Brendan O'Brien at the Warehouse Studio in Vancouver.

The tracklisting is:

'Rock 'N' Roll Train’

'Skies on Fire'

'Big Jack'

'Anything Goes'

'War Machine'

'Smash 'n' Grab'

'Spoilin' For a Fight'

'Wheels'

'Decibel'

'Stormy May Day'

'She Likes Rock 'n' Roll'

'Money Made'

'Rock 'n' Roll Dream'

'Rocking All the Way'

'Black Ice'

Sounds cool! I'm looking forward to this one. rock3

Anything Goes... hmmm.... I'd give that a 0.00001% chance of it being a Gn'R cover but it would be awesome if it was!
and Sam's Club, as well as through the band's official website.

I bet they're doing that just for you, DD. You can still say NO to Wally World. :lol: