Cinderella

Subtle Signs

Heartbreak Station is an incredible album and if anyone can call them a hairband after listening to it, they are pretty clueless. Sure, Nightsongs has the hairband vibe to it and parts of Long Cold Winter do as well but Heartbreak Station is a straight uo blues rock album. I was going to see them earlier this year but tom blew his voice out in rehearsals and the tour got cancelled, though I have seen them a couple times before and they put on a hell of a show.

Edited by Stiff Competition

I really like Cinderella and Heartbreak Station is a very good album. They get a lot of shit for being a hair-metal band which besides their first and to some degree second album, just isn't true. Heartbreak Station (3rd) and Still Climbing (4th) are both very good bluesy hard rock, and their second, Long Cold Winter, is a decent enough album despite too much pop-metal feel for my taste.

Been jammin the Rocked, Wired and Bluesed disc. Good shit.

Love 'em! :wub: That's the one I listen to most of the time. "Don't Know What You Got" is one of my all time favs. I love "Long Cold Winter" too. One of the best hair bands for sure.

Isn't "best" and "hair band" sort of contradictory?!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Love 'em! :wub: That's the one I listen to most of the time. "Don't Know What You Got" is one of my all time favs. I love "Long Cold Winter" too. One of the best hair bands for sure.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ohhhhhh... not if you were an 80s youngen. :D They were ALL good. :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Ohhhhhh... not if you were an 80s youngen. :D They were ALL good. :laugh:

:rofl-lol: Well I was born in '89...

They're definitely better than most hair bands, but the blues-factor is mediocre at best. If I want to listen to good blues rock, I'd rather listen to bands like Blind Faith.

Definitely...they're not blues rock but a hard rock band with some blues influences...

love the intro & song #1 on 'Long Cold Winter'

Bad Seamstress Blues/Fallin' Apart At The Seems

great song. great band.

" I tried to sing it, but my song had been sung....now I....ain't got no worries...ain't got no one to call my own............."

Great song - good album - and I think it's unfortuante that they got lumped in with "hair bands" as well -

They were clearly talented, able to record some nice acoustic material - and I always liked his voice

They're definitely better than most hair bands, but the blues-factor is mediocre at best. If I want to listen to good blues rock, I'd rather listen to bands like Blind Faith.

yeah, but Blind Faith would have SUCKED as a "hair band". can you imagine Clapton wearing a boa?

they can do what he can do, but can he do what they can do? hmmm.....?

Edited by artfromtex