Where do you female forum members get your shirts?

nameless_girl

Not a pressing topic, to say the least, but I happen to have a little too much time today, and I was wondering whether there's a specific chain of stores centred around catering to females who like GNR as well as similar music? Once in a blue moon, I am able to find a tight-fitting shirt featuring a band I like in a vintage or genre-specific music store that mostly carries male clothing items, but most of the time, the choice is rather poor, not to mention that the shirts need quite some modification before they are fit for wearing without appearing like a potato sack, even when they are supposedly designed for women. Isn't there at least one globally accessible chain of stores, or online store, focusing on smaller people?

Not a pressing topic, to say the least, but I happen to have a little too much time today, and I was wondering whether there's a specific chain of stores centred around catering to females who like GNR as well as similar music? Once in a blue moon, I am able to find a tight-fitting shirt featuring a band I like in a vintage or genre-specific music store that mostly carries male clothing items, but most of the time, the choice is rather poor, not to mention that the shirts need quite some modification before they are fit for wearing without appearing like a potato sack, even when they are supposedly designed for women. Isn't there at least one globally accessible chain of stores, or online store, focusing on smaller people?

go on ebay and type in "band name" DIY, so Guns N' Roses DIY or Skid Row DIY

and shirts will come up that have been reconstructed to fit chicks. My girlfriends has got some really cool shirts that are actually made from old tour shirts and everything before. You just have to find some that are well made, some people try to go a little too custom, but you can find some really cool ones.

I've actually heard of that before. Didn't know the short form for it, though! To be honest, what I've managed to find myself was only relating to one UK-based online store that modifies male band shirts into corsets and the like, except that unfortunately they don't design anything below a UK size 8, which is just completely useless to me, but I'm sure to look all over Ebay and Amazon now that you've taught me how to properly type it up. Might find something for a change; thanks.

• 1 year later...

I've got the same problem. I usually wear the smallest size of male t-shirts either because there's not my size (S for women) or I don't like the designs for female t-shirts (this doesn't only happen with music related t-shirts, though). Some help would be appreciated.

Edited by hans_moleman