Is Rock N Roll Making a Comback?

mrtibbs

Is Rock N Roll Making a Comback?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the last 10 years there has been no real rock n roll bands, and finally it looks like rock n roll bands are making a comback. bands like brides of destruction, velvet relover even the darkness and audioslave are really brings back the old rock sound. but thats just what i think!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last 10 years there has been no real rock n roll bands, and finally it looks like rock n roll bands are making a comback. bands like brides of destruction, velvet relover even the darkness and audioslave are really brings back the old rock sound. but thats just what i think!

oasis have been the best rock n roll band in the last 10 years?!! to say there has been no rock n roll in 10 years is just DUMB.

Brides Of Destruction, rock n' roll????

Well sure, I've always considered Korn as rock n' roll too :rolleyes:

Velvet Revolver probably will, what do do I know.. I think The Darkness got a better chance though, if they'll leave out the ballads! <_<;)

...didn't turn out too lucky lol

but none of those bands are popular

Yes I think it is I can feel it. Lots of bands are coming up, and some from the last revolution but in a new guise(Audioslave, VR). These current bands at the moment seem to be the ones making the revolution(just like the alternative bands back in the early ninties but with Nirvana being the atomic bomb).

I think soon there will be an unknown great band that is going to change everything. I never considered Nirvana to be that great though...

Slowly it is. The boy bands have died out and the "Modern Rock radio" is getting to a point where the stations seem to be playing more and more of bands with a distinct sound. I am confident that Velvet Revolver is gonna lead the charge for a whoel turn around in what the "mainstreme" percieves as rock. Hopefull Axl can keep up and even take a handoff.

Slowly it is. The boy bands have died out and the "Modern Rock radio" is getting to a point where the stations seem to be playing more and more of bands with a distinct sound. I am confident that Velvet Revolver is gonna lead the charge for a whoel turn around in what the "mainstreme" percieves as rock. Hopefull Axl can keep up and even take a handoff.

Do you really think VR is gonna be mainstream and popular?? You think they're gonna get a big push from their record company and get on rotation on MTV???

Do you really think VR is gonna be mainstream and popular?? You think they're gonna get a big push from their record company and get on rotation on MTV???

Yes I do. I believe that the material is gonna be too kick ass to ignore. MTV will love this band as long as the material is good. Rock radio will love this band. Rolling Stone magazine among others will love this band. It's all set up for VR to take the ball and run. Everything hinges on the material. In my humble opinion.

• 1 year later...

When Guns come back, rocknroll will return. REAL rocknroll, not My ChEmIcAl rOmAnCe goth shit.

At least that is what i'm hoping. I'm so sick of R.Kelly and Nelly and all these musically challenged ghetto rappers who think it's the flyest thing in the world to put "Lil" in the front of their names.

When Guns come back, rocknroll will return. REAL rocknroll, not My ChEmIcAl rOmAnCe goth shit.

At least that is what i'm hoping. I'm so sick of R.Kelly and Nelly and all these musically challenged ghetto rappers who think it's the flyest thing in the world to put "Lil" in the front of their names.

Then don't listen to it. It's not very hard. I don't give a damn about rock n' roll anyway.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I think 2004 will be a pretty good year for Rock n' Roll.. It has to be, I don't know how much more soul Rn'B I can take.. :scared:

really jack 2004?? if I'm not mistaken that was 2 years ago... BTW Rock N' Roll will never come back, not the way we once knew it.

I think as with any genre of music, it's evolved. What was rock and roll around the time of The Beatles wasn't considered to be rock by the time bands such as Guns N' Roses were around. Music constantly changes, so I don't think its technically ever gone away. But more guitar driven bands do seem to be arising after the rather morbid boy-bandness of the 90's. Damn pretty boys.