Is Rock N Roll Making a Comback?

mrtibbs

Is Rock N Roll Making a Comback?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't give a damn about rock n' roll anyway.

aww...stop kidding yourself rumin...you know you like bringing and blonde on blonde and if that's not rock n' roll than i don't know what is :)

I was just kidding. I like to say stuff like that because some people will start a damn riot if rock music isn't being worshipped. I really don't give a damn about guitar solos and the "rock n' roll lifestyle" that a lot of people around here are into. Dylan rock rules, though! I have been listening to Blonde on Blonde a lot this week.

Mainsteam rock is not real rock

I didn't really understand your post too much so I don't really know what kind of point you were making. But old rock that people praise was mainstream. Led Zeppelin is and was as mainstream as any rock band is today. Same for Guns N' Roses, Queen, whatever.

I didn't really understand your post too much so I don't really know what kind of point you were making. But old rock that people praise was mainstream. Led Zeppelin is and was as mainstream as any rock band is today. Same for Guns N' Roses, Queen, whatever.

Led Zeppelin was anything but mainstream.

People forget than Led Zeppelin were not the biggest thing around in the 70's, disco and pop was.

Led Zeppelin was not the charts.

Led Zeppelin got such a huge following because of their music and their live shows.

Guns N' Roses and Queen are different, they are pop bands.

Rock became pop in the 80's, rock was mainstream then. MTV made it so. Rock became a corporate buiness.

Now that rock has become less popular it has gone back to the pubs and small clubs, this is where rela rock is, music that is underground.

Rock and roll will never die. It might retreat to the underground every once in a while but it always lives. Also--- as long as there is a rock cd in someones player rock will always be alive. I will say no new band has come close to being as good of a rock in roll band as GNR back in the day. I see GnR as a rock band not a metal band and there has been some brilliant metal in the last 15 years as well. Rock never died it was just hit by a cheap shot and low blow by Ms. Britney Christina Lavigne-------

People forget than Led Zeppelin were not the biggest thing around in the 70's, disco and pop was.

cept when the company forced them to release a single...and then it goes and shoots up to #5 on the pop charts :fuckyou:

cept when the company forced them to release a single...and then it goes and shoots up to #5 on the pop charts :fuckyou:

dude, Stairway was not a single. Led Zep even stated that it wasn't a single. The only way a song can be a single,is is the band says its a single.So i suggest you take your finger and shove it up your ass, then pull it out when you KNOW about something, instead of blurting out shit.

PCE

dude, Stairway was not a single. Led Zep even stated that it wasn't a single. The only way a song can be a single,is is the band says its a single.So i suggest you take your finger and shove it up your ass, then pull it out when you KNOW about something, instead of blurting out shit.

PCE

WTF he never said anything about Stairway being a single.

PCE

Most people assume that stairway is a single. So i pulled a bit of a hypocrite and assumed that he assumed that stairway was a single.

Also as a side note, LedZep didnt believe in having single songs.

PCE

no... i don't think so because music that people would say is responsable for rock n' roll making a comeback is not actually rock n' roll in the traditional sense- indy crap ala "the killers," "my chemical romance," "the darkness" - stuff that is truthfully just making a mockery of what once was true rock n' roll... cheapening it through refurbished "vintage" tshirts sold for $100.00s+ etc... no need to keep elaborating, you know where i'm coming from.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

PCE

Most people assume that stairway is a single. So i pulled a bit of a hypocrite and assumed that he assumed that stairway was a single.

PCE

actually I would assume he would be talking about kashmir. not sure if he is though.

PCE

PCE

actually I would assume he would be talking about kashmir. not sure if he is though.

Whole Lotta Love went to US billboard chart peaking at #5 when released in November of 1969 although they were forced into puting it out

PCE

PCE

Whole Lotta Love went to US billboard chart peaking at #5 when released in November of 1969 although they were forced into puting it out

That still doesnt mean its a single. that means that the band was forced to putout a song. Big difference.

PCE

Walk into a store. You will see Led Zeppelin posters, hats, shirt, etc... everywhere. They released singles. Who cares if they wanted to? They did! Nothing wrong with being "mainstream" at all. I don't even a clue why people bring it up and make a big deal out of it. It's the worst way to judge anything.

Also, "Painkiller3342O5", cut the holier-than-thou pissy attitude out. There is no reason to put somebody down with petty insults like you did because they said something about Led Zeppelin releasing singles of all things. I'd hate to see how mad you would get if you actually arguing about something that mattered at all. And don't respond to this post by calling me a "cunt ass" or some stupid insult like that. Explain yourself if you want anyone in life to ever take you seriously.

Walk into a store. You will see Led Zeppelin posters, hats, shirt, etc... everywhere. They released singles. Who cares if they wanted to? They did! Nothing wrong with being "mainstream" at all. I don't even a clue why people bring it up and make a big deal out of it. It's the worst way to judge anything.

Also, "Painkiller3342O5", cut the holier-than-thou pissy attitude out. There is no reason to put somebody down with petty insults like you did because they said something about Led Zeppelin releasing singles of all things. I'd hate to see how mad you would get if you actually arguing about something that mattered at all. And don't respond to this post by calling me a "cunt ass" or some stupid insult like that. Explain yourself if you want anyone in life to ever take you seriously.

hahaha ok. wut ever you say. B)

PCE

US Singles

Good Times Bad Times / Communication Breakdown

Catalog #45-2613

Released Mar. 10, 1969 (US)

A. Good Times Bad Times 2:43 (Page/Jones/Bonham)

B. Communication Breakdown 2:26 (Page/Jones/Bonham)

Whole Lotta Love / Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)

Catalog #45-2690

Released Nov. 7, 1969 (US)

A. Whole Lotta Love 5:33 (Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham)

B. Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) 2:40 (Page/Plant)

Immigrant Song / Hey Hey What Can I Do

Catalog #45-2777

Released Nov. 5, 1970

A. Immigrant Song 2:21 (Page/Plant)

B. Hey Hey What Can I Do 3:53 (Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham)

Black Dog / Misty Mountain Hop

Catalog #45-2849

Released Dec. 2, 1971

A. Black Dog 4:55 (Page/Plant/Jones)

B. Misty Mountain Hop 4:39 (Page/Plant/Jones)

Rock And Roll / Four Sticks

Catalog #2865

Released Feb. 21, 1972

A. Rock And Roll 3:40 (Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham)

B. Four Sticks 4:42 (Page/Plant)

Over The Hills And Far Away / Dancing Days

Catalog #45-2970

Released May 24, 1973

A. Over The Hills And Far Away 4:42 (Page/Plant)

B. Dancing Days 3:40 (Page/Plant)

D'yer Mak'er / The Crunge

Catalog #45-2986

Released Sep. 17, 1973

A. D'yer Mak'er 4:19 (Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham)

B. The Crunge 3:10 (Bonham/Jones/Page/Plant)

Trampled Underfoot / Black Country Woman

Catalog #SS-70102

Released Apr. 2, 1975

A. Trampled Underfoot 5:38 (page/Plant/Jones)

B. Black Country Woman 4:30 (Page/Plant)

Candy Store Rock / Royal Orleans

Catalog #SS-70110

Released Jun. 18, 1976

A. Candy Store Rock 4:10 (Page/Plant)

B. Royal Orleans 2:58

Fool In The Rain / Hot Dog

Catalog #SS-71003

Released Dec. 7, 1979

A. Fool In The Rain 6:08 (Page/Plant/Jones)

B. Hot Dog 3:15 (Page/Plant)

Whole Lotta Love

Catalog #7567-84014-6

Released Aug. 29, 1997

1. Whole Lotta Love (edit) 4:50 (Page/Plant/Jones/Bonham/Willie Dixon)

2. Baby Come On Home 4:29 (Bert Burns/Page/Plant)

3. Travelling Riverside Blues 5:09 (Page/Plant/Robert Johnson)