Cover - Out ta Get Me

I think I did an OK verse and chorus of this great song. Synth drums & bass, but that's me on the guitars and yelling into the mic. I usually suck at mixing these things, but this one seems to come out pretty well.

I want to work on the guitar tone some more... it used to sound better but I hacked a lot out of it with EQ.

Download Here (via MegaUpload... sorry)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMSUJDJW

• 2 weeks later...

The rhythm guitar was spot on. The lead guitar needs work (not similar notes as in the original). The

vocals are very strained maybe good enough for a live or cover band, but not for a studio quality demo.

Don't quit your day job.

J/k :lol:

Good effort though.

Edited by 31illusion

Don't quit your day job.

Heheh... hey, thanks ;)

Actually, I'm missing one of the better rhythm guitar parts, too. These things aren't easy to create--plucking down the drums in a MIDI sheet takes forever! By the time I was ready for a bit of solo, I didn't even bother trying to learn it :( just figured I could capture a little bit of the spirit of it.

I haven't had time to work on anything fun like this lately, but I will try to put a couple alternate versions together. I certainly didn't feel "strained" when recording the vocals, but I did pick the dirtiest take I did because I just liked it the best. The cleaner ones didn't sound mean enough, and I didn't want to try to do an outright impression, either. But I think I have another idea, so I'll try it when I have the chance.

thanks for the feedback!

maybe good enough for a live or cover band, but not for a studio quality demo.

THat may be an ingenius idea to make all of my stuff sound better.... simply add crowd noises and pretend it was recorded live! heheh...

"Wow, I can't believe you sound so good on a LIVE RECORDING!"

also reminds me of a great scene in Arrested Development:

Tobias Fünke: Are you calling me a coward?

Warden Stefan Gentles (played by James Lipton): There's only one man I've ever called a coward, and that's Brian Doyle Murray. No, what I'm calling you is a television actor.

Edited by Tkkyj