Before Guns and Roses who was your fav band??

baddime

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about 11 when I discovered Guns for real. Use your illusion had already come out.

That's when I became a hard core fan and started collecting all their albums.

But I had already noticed them and remember having seen music videos like SCOM and Paradise city from them when I was 7 or 8 and liked it.

Welcome to the jungle was intense for me I would just stare at the video and not understand but I would always watch the whole thing.

Before that, I was pretty much just into old stuff.

I loved listening to oldies 'cause that's what my dad would play all the time around the house.

I would have to say The Beatles :shocked:

Aside from that I didn't have bands. Just favorite songs.

Although me being young, Thriller was an awesome Michael Jackson album :xmassrudolph:

I still think The Beatles are awesome today :)

I even still love the first pop stuff but of course discovered how much that band continually changed and got interested as I got older

in all the history of the records and the band.

Amen to the Beatles man. I loved and still love them. Sure GNR might be my "favorite" band, but the Bealtes are the Gods of music to me. Grew up on em, and wouldn't have it any other way.Love em to death. :wub:

Since I was a teenager at that time, I loved different kind of music, but I was a little strange (New-wave) and I did like to dress funny and all in black.

So I liked: The Cure, INXS (before Kick), Japan, Simple Minds those bands. But also had a big love for the Beatles too.

I am older than many of you...there was:

Billy Idol

Motely Crue

Ratt

Siouxie and the Banshees

The Cult

Duran Duran

Sex Pistols

The Cure

Led Zepp

and many more...

I'm afraid I even have you by a few years, I feel like the resident senior around here!

I was into AC/DC, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Dokken, to name a few, but I was really into Motley

at the time, and seen GN'R in the 11.29.87 Hollywood, Fla show when they opened for them.

That's when I really got into GN'R. If you read Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries book, he has an

interesting story about that last concert with GN'R (plus the rest of that tour as well).

Elvis will always be my favorite artist overall, but Motley Crue were always my favorite band even after GNR came out.

as time has passed i find i enjoy GNR more as a whole. i still love those first two Crue albums. good times! :D

Edited by artfromtex

There was no band before Guns.

+1

Guns was my first "favorite". Didn't care all that much about music at all until I heard Welcome to the Jungle when I was 10 or 11. Now I'm a music fiend of all genres to this day.