Chris Cornell new solo album/single

bt88

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping it'd never come out, with how it was getting pushed back for so long. Like they were trying to forget it ever happened.

Someone on the Pearl Jam forums said it best though.

"It's like Cornell was playing poker with the Devil and was on a winning streak, so he decided to bet his talent and lost the next hand" or something like that. Never thought Cornell would be singing about 'bitches' in Part of Me.

http://www.interscope.com/artist/releases/...m_medium=banner

Make your own judgements. I think its absolutely awful. A once great vocalist and grunge legend reduced to this. Sell out

But, he's always changing his style since we've known him. He started out as a metal singer before grunge then came Audioslave (not sure what you would classify Audioslave as) and even his first solo album had beats in it. Judging just from the SCREAM song--I think it's very daring and different for him. I didn't mind when Scorpions and Aerosmith put beats in their music. He's not rapping--he's still singing. I don't consider OneRepublic a hip hop group. Timbaland is a big rock fan. When is he going to work with BONO?

I'd be up for him going with a different musical style that's what's great about Scott he changes his style expect he makes it work.

Chris doesn't. I don't he knows what he wants and what the fuck is with that music video.

"Get rid of pre convinced rock"

25bb6cb7-8ce2-4b3a-9043-caef0ee875d8.jpg

Un-huh..

I heard only bits of a few songs on his website. I'd say he's trying different ideas, he's an artist. Do I like it? I'd have to give it more a listen. But what I did hear, caught me by surprise and it didn't seem like anything I'd thought Chris would create.

Didn't think it was that bad. Might actually start to like it after a few more listens. I'm sure the standard consensus will be negative since there's no metal guitars and screaming, but whatever. :rolleyes:

No, it's probably just the fact that this is completely bland and uninspired. His choice of the 'cool' producer makes it looks even more shallow.

Maybe if the songs were actually written to his old standards (not styles) they'd be getting a more positive reception, but what's been released so far is just boring.

Didn't think it was that bad. Might actually start to like it after a few more listens. I'm sure the standard consensus will be negative since there's no metal guitars and screaming, but whatever. :rolleyes:

its not that, its just that this feels contrived...like hes trying to sound like everything on mainstream top40 radio as to get a hit....

if we want to compare, you could say that Weilands new album certainly is different....but its not mainstream sounding either....and you can tell that it seems hes doing it because it is something he likes....

It kind of reminds me of when Rock artists like Def Leppard/Bon Jovie start doing duets with Country acts...are they really country fans?? or just shilling to the country crowd?

Yeah, have to agree. It just screams mid-life crisis.

I appreciate that artists are always pushing themselves, taking risks, and trying new things. But I've listened to this album a few times, and I just don't think the songs are there. I like Long Gone, and the title track is ok, but nothing else is grabbing me. This new sound might actually work if the songwriting, melodies and hooks were there, but they're not.

And he can really go get fucked with those pictures of him smashing guitars. The dude who wrote the Outshined riff (which has more grunt than a fucking chainsaw) shouldn't be doing that shit.

And he can really go get fucked with those pictures of him smashing guitars. The dude who wrote the Outshined riff (which has more grunt than a fucking chainsaw) shouldn't be doing that shit.

Then again I can see how it works with what he's doing, losing the rock sound and such. It's the only thing that makes sense with this album.

And anyway, did it leak yet? I'm still curious to hear the whole thing.