Suede

wasted

any fans of The Rolling Bowies?

I just got into their greatest hits cd, Singles.

Some pretty great guitar and lyrics on it.

Trash, Wild Ones, Filmstar, Can't Get Enough, She's In Fashion, Electricity.

"I feel real walkin' like a woman and talkin' like a stoneage man"

I've not really listened to them much (Yet Ive heard of pretty much every other BIG britpop band), but I have a few of Bernard Butler's albums. Solid, yet relaxing stuff, I should imagine quite a change in direction. He's also done some jazz/pop/motown stuff with a guy called David McAlmont, which is very good.

I saw Mcalmont and Butler at a charity thing in Manchester a few years back (Along with Ian Brown, The Charlatans, Weller, Noel & Gem, and members of Joy Division and The Smiths. Oh, and half of the Stone Roses got back together for it :D). Top gig!

They were forced to change their name to "London Suede" in the US because someone sued them.

Definitely one of the best british bands from the '90s.

Their first three albums are great (especially "Coming Up").

Beautiful Ones:

Trash:

Animal Nitrate: http://youtube.com/watch?v=XaEc_5abpfA&feature=related

Edited by axlfan88

I've not really listened to them much (Yet Ive heard of pretty much every other BIG britpop band), but I have a few of Bernard Butler's albums. Solid, yet relaxing stuff, I should imagine quite a change in direction. He's also done some jazz/pop/motown stuff with a guy called David McAlmont, which is very good.

I saw Mcalmont and Butler at a charity thing in Manchester a few years back (Along with Ian Brown, The Charlatans, Weller, Noel & Gem, and members of Joy Division and The Smiths. Oh, and half of the Stone Roses got back together for it :D). Top gig!

They are a London band so they are about as close as you'll get to a darkly glamorous early Stones band.

Looking at them now, they seem to be the greatest band to come out of that era.

Much more rock n roll than the Smiths as their bio might prove if it's come out.

The greatest hits is shockingly good.

As much as Butler defined the first two albums. Without him they became a bit more like a glam Stones.

Coming Up is packed full of poppy dirty glam rockers but Dog Man Star is probably the best record of the 90s.

We Are The Pigs is a masterpiece but it's pretty hard to pick a winner.

Absolutely fantastic band. The debut is in my top ten of all time. Today it's easy to understand how they were hailed as Britain's best new band after hearing their first three singles.

Coming Up and Head Music are fun records.

Boo Radleys were like psychedelic indie rock as I remember.

I heard Swervedriver broke up lol They could have been huge if they lived in LA.

Head Music migh have been their best actually.

Anderson said that he wanted to be like Prince but he didn't really do eet.

I thought the last album was great as a sort of comedown album, how arch is Positivity?

boring, entry-level dad rock. might have liked a few songs when i was 12, but everything is musically disinteresting to me nowadays.

I hope you find something you do like.

Attitude

I would say at that first glance Suede seem pretty simple. But the lyrics and the way they each song makes them pretty timeless. They have impeccable taste.

I can't really judge them based on how old they are, as that would rule out the Stones. I can't say they are boring, as that would be more of reflection on me than anything. One the things I was surprised by was how you look for new music but it's surprising how good some old record can mean more to you than the latest releases.

so I'm going over to the Suzerain myspace page to pimp the next big thing...

Edited by wasted