Wilco

bt88

so based on reading some Chuck Klosterman I decided to give Wilco's album "Yankee Hotel Fox Trot". Its really good, their poppy alt country thing works and the song writing is just really solid. Some catchy stuff too. Any other fans of this band? Im not familiar with the rest of their work, id like to know what else is good by this band.

so based on reading some Chuck Klosterman I decided to give Wilco's album "Yankee Hotel Fox Trot". Its really good, their poppy alt country thing works and the song writing is just really solid. Some catchy stuff too. Any other fans of this band? Im not familiar with the rest of their work, id like to know what else is good by this band.

Yep they are a pretty good band, i never fully appreciated them until i saw them live at a festival. They were awesome live and really caught my attention, if i ever have the opportunity to see them live again i will do....loud and rockin they were, some great guitar playing too. A lot of their songs are quieter and relaxed but they turn all that on their head for this live performance, and apparently that's part of what their live show is about....but i dunnno cause i've only seen them the once. There is a live cd out of theirs but i haven't checked it out yet.

I'm currently digesting, A Ghost is Born, Summerteeth and Sky Blue Sky. There a good band.

Edited by hudsonsaul

Summerteeth is their best record, IMO.

Foxtrot and Ghost are very overrated.

I wish they had of stuck to the sound they had on Summerteeth.

Yeah, Summerteeth is by far their best record, but I wouldn't say that Foxtrot and Ghost are overrated. They are just not as good as Summerteeth, but they are still very good records.