How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb v. No Line on the Horizon

arnold layne

HTDAAB v. NLOTH (no "I can't decide votes" included)  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know it won't be for most but that was a tricky choice for me - I loved Vertigo, Crumbs From Your Table, Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and City Of Blinding Lights.

But I have to go with NLOTH. What a fucking great record.

Definitely No Line on the Horizon. Its not even close. Magnificent, Moment of Surrender, White as Snow, and Cedars of Lebanon easily stacks up against the best material in their discography.

Atomic Bomb is good and is a great album at its core(especially lyrically), but it mainly just had a super catchy single that exploded, and that was its selling point. I know how people joke here about everyone dancing in the streets to Better. Well, with Vertigo everyone really was dancing in the streets.

No Line lacks a Vertigo type track to grab you by the balls immediately, but it makes up for it in a very strong track list overall. Magnificent is obviously going to be the album's big hit, but the other tracks I mentioned are U2 epics and I am surprised how strong this album wound up being.

Surprised they picked one of the album's worst tracks as its first single, and the title track was a terrible way to open the album. Doesn't capture the essence or flavor of the album at all.

Other than that, I have no complaints.