The slowness of threads/the board

Wando

Am I the only one who has this problem?

When someone posts in a thread it takes atleast 3-5 minutes before the post "activates" and I can see a new last poster to that thread or a new post in the thread (atleast with my own posts). Also the viewcount of threads isn't in real time like it used to be, it updates after a long time. Is this deliberately made for maintaining reasons? Any possiblity to take it away/make the forum faster for e.g. registered users or, if that's a too big member group, Supporters? It's a pain in the ass.

I want equivalent for my 5$ :xmassrudolph:

testing..

When someone posts in a thread it takes atleast 3-5 minutes before the post "activates" and I can see a new last poster to that thread or a new post in the thread (atleast with my own posts). Also the viewcount of threads isn't in real time like it used to be, it updates after a long time. Is this deliberately made for maintaining reasons? Any possiblity to take it away/make the forum faster for e.g. registered users or, if that's a too big member group, Supporters? It's a pain in the ass.

The new last poster/post triggers fine for me. I seem to always remember the viewcount taking time to update though, it never seemed to be instantaneous.

The new last poster/post triggers fine for me. I seem to always remember the viewcount taking time to update though, it never seemed to be instantaneous.

Okay, odd. Maybe it's just me.. But viewcounts have been in real time in some point of this forums history. I remember making a thread and being annoyed that every time I edited the first post the viewcount grew :D But maybe it's been changed since. It's a pretty useless feature in the end.

Oh, and it seems like the bigger the forum the longer it takes for my post to appear. Like in AG it can take easily 5mins untill I see my post in the thread. And when I originally post, and the forum takes me to the post I just made, I see it but when I leave the thread and come back my post doesn't appear.

Have you cleared your caches (cookies & tifs) lately?

If you don't clear them on a regular basis, they can cause problems when viewing certain sites.

Try this and let us know if it fixed the problem.

Have you cleared your caches (cookies & tifs) lately?

If you don't clear them on a regular basis, they can cause problems when viewing certain sites.

Try this and let us know if it fixed the problem.

Yes, I did it as the first thing. Eric has taught me something :D I'm using the newest version of Opera but I don't really know if it can cause the problem.

Doesn't happen on Firefox... So I guess it must be Opera then. I don't think I'm going to change my web broswer because of this but atleast we know the cause. Most likely the next update of Opera or the forum software will fix this.

Opera browser seemed to be causing the 3-5 minute issue you were having. Most Forum software are made to run well with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and/or also Safari. This Forum is no exception. Simply use one of those ad you'll be fine.

As for the post count not being updated in real time, well you're about one million posts late.. This was done for performance reasons when the Forum reached one million posts. The Forum now has two million posts. So it's been like this for sometime now. Post count is updated each 15 minutes of the day.