Chris Cornel

Nika Rose

any of you heared that thing?

oh man I heard four songs and believe me it was too much.

if you didn't heard it then youre lucky, I can't belive that its the same person who sang in Audioslave and Soundgarden, hell even his two singal albums were good.

All of the sudden he decided that it was time to try RnB. with timbaland. really?!

sell out is the word you looking for...

why Chris, why?

he comes to Israel in a mounth to do a show, i dont know if to go or not...

all his other stuff is so good...

Guest deleted_19765
Interesting. I really don't think it's too bad.

You people hate it because you hate hip-hop; not because this is an actual waste of talent.

I don't even like Chris Cornell very much but yes, this isn't really bad at all. Its pretty good and he has the R&B chops to sing this kind of material. Its definitely more interesting than the borefest Audioslave had become.

I listened to it for what is was, and after two or three listens I have no itch to listen to it again. The only songs I really listen to off of it now are 'Enemy' and 'Two Drink Minimum', but otherwise I found it unexciting. If someone else was at the helm production wise, and he had different songwriters (besides the ones he got that are hitmakers and only hitmakers), the R&B thing could have been amazing. I just simply wasn't impressed.

The album is pretty much crap overall, not because it's r'n'b but because (outside of one or two songs) the songwriting isn't nearly good enough - most of the tracks sounds like something Justin Timberlake rejected. The vocals are surprisingly weak, they're not bad just very average.

he comes to Israel in a mounth to do a show, i dont know if to go or not...

Are you kidding???? :huh:

You have the option to see Chris Cornell live and you're thinking about not going for, what?, two, maybe three songs in the setlist, that will probably sound a lot different on stage anyway?

Sorry, how is it a disgrace? And how is the release of this album a "sell-out"?

The threadstarter probably thinks that the release of this album tarnishes his reputation, and that his going r'n'b to sell more.

If I wasn't aware of his new album, I would watch that clip and seriously think he was doing a really funny parody of some of the generic and shitty R&B that is out there.

"That bitch ain't a part of me"

What a fuckin' retard.

This might even taint Soundgarden from now on. I'm not sure I can listen to Mailman the same way ever again.

Sorry, how is it a disgrace? And how is the release of this album a "sell-out"?

The threadstarter probably thinks that the release of this album tarnishes his reputation, and that his going r'n'b to sell more.

yea, exactly..

And No its not because i hate Rn'B, I actually Like Rn'b and hip hop.

Its just that its not a good album, it does sound like a parody.

I actually want to go to the show, checking if i have enough money...

unbelievable...

it's the evil twin of Chris Cornell...not the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxTlTXqh4g4

Wow, somehow I'd missed this earlier in the thread.

That is fuckin' unbelievable. :o And when you listen to him in interviews he's seriously saying he thinks this is his best album ever, he's already listened to it more than any of his other music and that it's just "ahead of it's time".

Dead Flower is right, that video comes across like a parody out of the movie "Airplane". Was just waiting for the 2 fighting girlscouts to come crashing in and break bottles over each others' heads...and his...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Only reason I even made it through that entire vid was to see if he'd sneak Asian Slash in again somewhere, but there wasn't even that toss of a bone.

Maybe even Asian Slash has had enough and walked out on him. Must've been like Sorum's blow up with Axl at the end. Would love to have been there to see it go down...

Edited by Turn_It_Up