Green day - 21st Century Breakdown

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you come on to this topic just to say "meh" or "fuck green day"? guess you have no life?.....

the songs are awesome mate, and just because the songs are highly influenced by stuff like The Beatles, The Clash and The Who, doesn't nessceraliy mean its generic. Maybe they just like to write proper tunes, instead of banging on a metal tin in a cave and calling it original.

Epic? You're fucking kidding. Green Day hasn't one "epic" song, and consistantly get worse with every release. I can't believe anyone over the age of 15 is still buying these guys records. The first couple were decent, when I was young. But seriously, this band SUCKS.

Why would you come on to this topic just to say "meh" or "fuck green day"? guess you have no life?.....

the songs are awesome mate, and just because the songs are highly influenced by stuff like The Beatles, The Clash and The Who, doesn't nessceraliy mean its generic. Maybe they just like to write proper tunes, instead of banging on a metal tin in a cave and calling it original.

proper tunes? these tunes are horrible, and doesn't sound beatles-esque, they sound like horrible pop-punk-emo crap thats been popular for a decade

at least they don't release the same old stuff recycled, like ACDC.

AC/DC don't recycle stuff... Gone Shootin', Thunderstruck, Stiff Upper Lip, Stormy May Day, Hail Caesar, Moneytalks, Black Ice, Breaking The Rules, Hells Bells, Touch Too Much, Night Prowler, The Jack, Can I Sit Next To You Girl... etc. Just because they stick to their roots doesn't mean they recycle material and riffs. Their honest about the kind of band they are and release consistently awesome records wherether some admit it or not.

Anyway - I thought 21st Century Breakdown, East Jesus Nowhere, Restless Heart Syndrome and 21 Guns were great. Before The Lobotomy and American Eulogy didn't do anything for me but I'll listen a few more times.

I actually didn't mind these songs at first. Restless Heart Syndrome and American Eulogy aren't too bad, but I've found myself liking these new songs less and less as I hear them more.

Maybe it's because every single song has to have some acoustic sob introduction and then the electric guitars have to come in at some point. As someone said above, hearing Boulevard of Broken Dreams so many times makes you hear that song in every sappy song Green Day makes from that point and on. It's not like Time of Your Life where it's unique and still holds up today as a really great acoustic song. Now, it's just like these songs have to have acoustics to sound sincere and they flop.

I don't know. I'm not a huge fan of these songs and I'll still listen to the album, but why can't any of these songs have balls? Something to get you pumped a little at least. Instead, they're just sappy and unmemorable. It's unfortunate.

I don't want to listen to any more songs (besides Know Your Enemy) before I hear the full album, especially since it's only three days left.

This. I am gonna wait til Fri the 15th. All I have heard so far is the 21CB demo,KYE and bits and pieces of live bootlegs. I am pretty pumped.

I'll just stream it tomorrow... I'm not strong enough to wait for a physical copy :P

Horseshoes and Handgrenades is fuckin fantastic..the ballads are really good, specially Last Night on Heart.

The album is a mix of American Idiot and Warning, the production is really good. Since I'm not a fan of Warning, for me it's a great album but not better than American Idiot...some tunes sound like the old green day, most of them. Thumbs up for Murder City

AC/DC don't recycle stuff... Gone Shootin', Thunderstruck, Stiff Upper Lip, Stormy May Day, Hail Caesar, Moneytalks, Black Ice, Breaking The Rules, Hells Bells, Touch Too Much, Night Prowler, The Jack, Can I Sit Next To You Girl... etc. Just because they stick to their roots doesn't mean they recycle material and riffs. Their honest about the kind of band they are and release consistently awesome records wherether some admit it or not.

Anyway - I thought 21st Century Breakdown, East Jesus Nowhere, Restless Heart Syndrome and 21 Guns were great. Before The Lobotomy and American Eulogy didn't do anything for me but I'll listen a few more times.

Very, very well said! ;)

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Flash

Very, very well said! ;)

Amen

& American Eulogy is my favorite.

Edited by JesusisSavior