RAMMSTEIN!!! The awesomely epic official thread

Monty

Late to the thread, bros.

Anywho...

If I don't get tickets, I'll kill myself.

Got tickets.

Was screwed out of the first 2 GA's I tried to grab on Ticketmaster because the wrong credit card information was on the account, so after it said it wasn't accepted, I was Flipping. The. Fuck. Out.

I tried again but knew it wasn't going to put me through, so I went straight to stubhub and said "Fuck it" and grab the first pair that popped up the cheapest.

$150 + $12 shipping + some bullshit $30 service fee = More than I should have had to put out

I pretty much got two tickets for the price of 3 from Ticketmaster, and payed even more money still.

Oh well, fuck it. Goddammit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BEST CONCERT I'VE BEEN TO<33333333

Drove 4 hours to the venue and got there around 3:30 PM or so. My friend and I got to the GA line and ended up being numbers 89 and 90 and we waited for 4 1/2 hours. Finally got in and were one person behind the rail. It was Cinco De Mayo, and I hate to sound ignorant, but there were a hell of a lot of Mexicans and they were quite annoying in the pit. Regardless, after waiting another hour or so, Combichrist finally came out and I can't say I was the biggest fan. Music was good, kind of NIN-ish, but the vocals through me off. They were among better opening acts, though.

Finally, after they were done, we waited another half hour or so, talking to a few different people around us while doing our Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation and pretending we were from Austria and had come to see Rammstein for the first time.

"In Austria we have no concerts, just weights."

*Security guard stands up to look at crowd* "You are not Till, get down."

etc.

Finally, the lights went out and everyone went nuts, myself included, obviously. Then, when the walls started to get broken down, it got even crazier. Then, when Till came out, all hell broke loose. Everyone pushed to the front and I was hardly on my tip-toes. Rammlied started and when Till lifted his godarms and opened his light-filled mouth, I believe I shat myself and came in my pants, along with everyone else in the building.

"Ramm! Stein!" "Ramm! Stein!"

That opening chant is possibly the greatest experience anyone could ever have at a concert.

When Till started singing, euphoria rushed through my whole body and I still couldn't believe what I was experiencing.

After that, they melded into B********. Till gurgling blood throughout the chorus, along with the crowd who sang along. I really put my all into this track, and it was only the second one in. Afterward, Waidmanns Heil started and Till brought out his gun. I recuperated a bit during this song as I was being raped by three people behind me and being forced to fuck the person in front of me. I was still able to participate in the chorus and fist pumping, though. The ending concluded with Till getting down on one knee with his gun and aiming it upward to shoot the rafters with his giant ball of flame.

The next two performances were Keine Lust and Weisses Fleisch, with Weisses Fleisch being the first appearance of the Till Hammer so far that night. Both were great, clearly, with Till's headbanging during Keine Lust being some of the most epic ever.

Feuer Frei! was up next, which is where I really was able to get into it again along with the rest of the crowd around me.

"Bang, bang!"

Throughout the whole song, I knew what would be coming up at the end, and I couldn't wait for the flamethrower-masks. ^_^ The sight of all three being on at once and shooting upward was amazing and I believe Till didn't even need one to make the flame.

Up next came Wiener Blut, which being one of my favorites tracks from LIFAD, was also one of my favorite performances of the night. Till rising up slowly with the record player. Slowly crawling to the front of the stage and then standing to sing the beginning of the song. Then, fucking green laser-eyed babies.

"Das Licht geht... aus."

When the opening riff started and Till banging on his knee, another thought of "This is really happening" came over me. "Willkommen... in der Dunkelheit!" Damn. Fucking. Right. At the end of the song, the babies exploded and fell to the stage, which then led into Frühling in Paris, which was the first "Thank fuck for slowing down" moment because I was exhausted by that point already. Solid performance and was a nice change of pace for a few minutes to allow everyone to relax a bit.

Ich Tu Dir Weh started up next, and being another favorite of mine from LIFAD, I gave more of my "all" for this one. When the riffs started up and the whole band kicked in, along with Till's headbanging, it was one of those moments that you felt you could pick anyone up around you and bend them in half. The power in Till's voice during the chorus was immense and the audience didn't hold back either. When Flake came down from the keyboard and kicked Till over and you saw the look on his face, you literally thought "Oh shit, I hope he doesn't kill him ):" Seeing Till catch Flake, put him in the metal tub, then rise up on the podium and sing the break in the song was epic. He then poured the jug full of sparks onto Flake, with other fireworks going off inside the tub. After a minute, Flake got out in his sparkling suit and danced/shook/jittered his way across the stage back up to his keyboard where he then turned on the treadmill to begin the funky-ness for Du Riechst So Gut. Once it started, everyone began to jump (the best they could). It was during this song that the only mistake in the whole show occurred when Paul's fire-gauntlet (I suppose you could call it that) didn't work. It was a little distracting while Richard's was working, but Paul smiled and laughed it off and it soon became irrelevant.

Next came Benzin, being the first and only track off of Rosenrot that night, and they wheeled out the gas pump, and you knew shit was gonna go down. When the time finally came for Till to use it and he picked up the pump and lit the flare, the crowed roared with excitement. As Till lit the pump and roared "Benzin!", he shot fire everywhere, and soon shot it at a roadie (disguised as a fan who had made his way on stage), lighting him on fire. The roadie ran around the stage for a few seconds before they finally put him out, where he then ran back up to Richard before they pulled him away.

After Benzin came Links 2, 3, 4. During this, I calmed myself down a bit, as I've never been the biggest fan of the song. Sick riff with great Till Hammer potential, but it never did it for me. I still participated in the chanting of the chorus, though. After Links came Du Hast, which despite being their most well-known song (unfortunately, as there are far better tracks), I don't think it was exactly the most popular of the night as most would assume. Regardless, the opening audience chants of "Du, du hast!" were immense and Till soon began hammering and the crowd began jumping.

Following that, the opening beats of Pussy started to play and a great excitement fell over me because I knew it would be a fun performance. As the chrous came through, all of the men that I could see in the pit pointed outward for "You've got a pussy!", pointed to ourselves for "I have a dick-ah!", put their arms out for "So what's the problem?", and concluded with the 'fucking hand-motion' for "Let's do it quick!". Then soon came the time where the penis cannon centered itself before the crowd and Till took his spot sitting on it. As he yelled "So what's the promlem? Let's do it QUICK!" and began the foam with the background funky-beat, everyone jumped and dances, and the foam-cumshot was absolutely refreshing. After the song, the band gave a Thank-You and left the stage.

After a few minutes, Christopher took to his drum-kit again and started the intro drumming for Sonne. Let me tell you 'bout pyro. By this point, we had fallen back just a bit, which was okay because we had a little more room where we were now and could breathe a little better. In my opinion, it was one of the best, if not the best, performance of the night. Everything was perfect. The counting-chants were great and the pyro was some of the hottest I've ever endured.

Then came Haifisch. The whole time I was waiting for the point where Flake came out in the boat, and it finally came. My friend and I got to be part of the waves that moved him along ^_^. There was a point where it almost tipped because people are stupid, but Flake stayed afloat. There were also three attempts by three different guys to jump into the boat, and only one prevailed. The first one was a shit attempt, the second one almost made it and almost sent the boat flipped backward, but the third one must have had some help from his friends because he made it in that fucker real quick and with ease. Thought he seemed startled at first, Flake just scooted back and continued to row back to the stage. Once he made it back, the security ripped the guy out of the boat real fuckin' quick and Flake just got out and danced his way back onstage.

At this point, it was two more songs to go. First came Ich Will. Another great moment for the Till Hammer. Great audience participation and clearly epic.

Finally, the final encore and last song of the night, Engel. One of my favorite songs, and one of the best songs for onstage antics and pyro. As Till slowly walked to his microphone with his big wings on, the crowd cheered with excitement, especially as the wings opened up. When the tips became aflame, anticipation for everyone rose even more. Then the time finally cam - "Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein" - the wings shot out flame and the crowd roared and jumped along with the beat and riff. (This was also the only song, along with the end of Ich Will, where I tried to take a few pictures. I didn't want to be a douchebag and waste my first time seeing Rammstein trying to take pictures.)

Anywho, after Engel, Till went under the stage to remove his wings and after a couple of minutes, the band came back onstage and gave their final "Thank-You's" and "Goodbye's". The crowd clapped, roared, cheered, etc. as Rammstein excited the stage. The concert was over, and I don't think one person left unsatisfied.

225521_211665098857972_100000434505002_752633_972050_n.jpg

230443_211665305524618_100000434505002_752636_6248414_n.jpg

225203_211665075524641_100000434505002_752632_7726425_n.jpg

230078_211665212191294_100000434505002_752635_5345150_n.jpg

221973_211665405524608_100000434505002_752638_7176010_n.jpg

It was by far the most sweaty, tiring, exhausting, best concert I've been too. I would drive a lot farther than 4 hours to see them again.

Edited by Black Sabbath

Rammlied started and when Till lifted his godarms and opened his light-filled mouth, I believe I shat myself and came in my pants, along with everyone else in the building.

^_^ Oh, I remember that feeling. You just can't properly prepare yourself for his pure awesomeness. ^_^

I enjoyed your review immensely. You have proven yourself as a true Steiner brother and I am very proud of you.

I believe bacardi's concert is coming soon. Does he still post here? I hope he returns to this thread to share his brain meltage.

Have any other mygnr members experienced Stein recently? Zint?

I hope they don't conform and play Du Hast.

Sellouts!

They jammed a heap of shit into that one song. The crossbow thingy from Du Riechst So Gut, the stage intruder from Benzin, a flamethrower - plus all the usual Du Hast fireworks.

Kinda sucked in that setting. The lighting looked gay and the neon Jimmy Kimmel sign above the stage and Bud Light advertisements were shit.

Still, good to see the grey Sehnsucht era hair for Till again. And that collar was pretty sexy.