U2

UYIlies

This isn't a big at everyone that dislikes U2 but a few of my friends seem to dislike them only because of Bono and not the music and I wondered if anyone here had the same view. That they didnt dislike the music but dont like the band as they cant stand Bono

If you don't like them, why waste time posting about them?

Because that's what a forum is for - to present your view on a subject, whether your view on the subject is positive or negative.

That's one thing, but to create a whole thread for not liking a band? That's just dumb, in my opinion.

Maybe I'll make one later for Nirvana or some shit... I don't know. :shrugs:

Also, I really don't understand all of the hate for Bono. Really, what has he done to deserve it? Try to help with extreme poverty and AIDS? Yeah, I don't like Bono now either! :angry:

yeah Bono is really what makes me hate them he has one good song the beatles cover I am the walrus from Across The Universe

And this... Have you ever heard The Fly, Mysterious Ways, In God's Country, Original of the Species, etc? I'm assuming you haven't, and if you have then you most likely didn't really pay attention. U2 fan or not, there are songs people enjoy from them regardless.

Bono is a pretentious cock and their music, to me, is bland.

I guess it's because most of the music I listen to has killer guitar solos and U2 just don't really cut it.

I do like Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, kill me though and Bono did write GoldenEye for Tina Turner, which both likings are influenced by my love of the films in question.