Jay Z - Run This Town (ft Kanye and Rihanna)

Nobodys_Fault

Guest deleted_19765

Jay-Z looks and sounds like an old man. This record will be the end of him being anywhere close to the top anymore. This is better than "D.O.A." but so is Ron Artest's "Michael Michael".

Jay Z is a punk. Claims he used to push white in his old neighbourhood which is total bullshit. He's flaky. Hawaiian Sophie...says it all really. Never liked him, never will. He tries to emulate BIGs flow but he can't pull it off.

Meh, I couldn't care less about that. Half of mainstream rap is about bravado. Besides, he grew up in the Marcy projects which isn't exactly known for its Vanilla Ice suburbia.

The Blueprint, American Gangster and Reasonable Doubt are three of my all-time favourites. I'm surprised you don't like Blueprint given its soul samples, etc. -- seems like something you'd be into. Anyway, I like the new material -- some of the stuff that isn't making the final cut (namely "History" and "Brooklyn Go-Hard") were tops, too.

Jay Z is a punk. Claims he used to push white in his old neighbourhood which is total bullshit. He's flaky. Hawaiian Sophie...says it all really. Never liked him, never will. He tries to emulate BIGs flow but he can't pull it off.

At the end of the day The Blueprint is still a classic... claims to push drugs don't really bother me. He wouldn't be the first mainstream rapper to spout bullshit like that and he won't be the last. It's the music that counts.

And all you other cats throwin shots at Jigga, you only get half a bar - fuck y'all niggaz.

And all you other cats throwin shots at Jigga, you only get half a bar - fuck y'all black personz

Yeah and where was all that gas when Pac was rippin' him up on the makaveli album? Exactly, anybody can talk loud but it's how they act when there's drama that shows you which side of the i'm bad fence they're on.

Besides, he grew up in the Marcy projects which isn't exactly known for its Vanilla Ice suburbia.

That really don't mean shit. This notion that its impossible to live in ghetto unless you're some kinda gangsta or even a tough guy is ridiculous. Plenty of people come up from places like that and go to school, do right, get good grades, all of that. For all the fucked up shit that happens in places like that there's actually a good honest hardworking majority. Sure there are times when its probably not a good idea, at certain times of the night to be strollin' past certain groups slingin' your dick around but thats true of suburbia too. Its not like they fucking automatically conscript people into selling rock or else kick their asses. The reality of it all is actually very boring.

Besides, he grew up in the Marcy projects which isn't exactly known for its Vanilla Ice suburbia.

That really don't mean shit. This notion that its impossible to live in ghetto unless you're some kinda gangsta or even a tough guy is ridiculous.

I wasn't saying that. All I'm saying is that those are ghetto projects, they are known for their crime and murder rates, and he was obviously subjected to much of this at a young age; regardless of whether everything in his lyrics is 100% true (which I highly doubt), it's not like he was sitting back in Middle America suburbs (like Vanilla Ice) completely fabricating all these things. That was my only point.

Edited by Estranged Reality

That really don't mean shit. This notion that its impossible to live in ghetto unless you're some kinda gangsta or even a tough guy is ridiculous.

I wasn't saying that. All I'm saying is that those are ghetto projects, they are known for their crime and murder rates, and he was obviously subjected to much of this at a young age; regardless of whether everything in his lyrics is 100% true (which I highly doubt), it's not like he was sitting back in Middle America suburbs (like Vanilla Ice) completely fabricating all these things. That was my only point.

Fair enough. On a entirely unrelated note, Satellite of Love rocks if you sig refers to the Lou Reed song :)

On a entirely unrelated note, Satellite of Love rocks if you sig refers to the Lou Reed song :)

Sure does. Have you seen "Adventureland" yet? One of the best films I've seen all year. The Lou Reed jokes are very funny. "Shed a Light on Love!" :rofl-lol: Ryan Reynolds is great at playing douchebags.

That film actually really got me in to Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground.

Pale Blue Eyes. :wub: