Pitchfork's Top 500 Tracks of the Decade

Nobodys_Fault

Hey Ya should've been number one. It's useless to argue about lists like this and while I don't agree with many of their choices I'm not gonna complain, except about the Kelly Clarkson song at 21. There's far better mainstream pop-rock singles than that one.

After perusing the site some more, what the hell is this? This is a terrible site. Their best 100 albums of the 80s is also laughable. I saw Sonic Youth and The Pixies about 5 times each in the top 30, I figured to see Appetite for Destruction somewhere above 59th and I also expected at least one band like Metallica, Iron Maiden, ACDC, and Van Halen to show up. Who runs this site?

Edited by mrandyk

After perusing the site some more, what the hell is this? This is a terrible site. Their best 100 albums of the 80s is also laughable. I saw Sonic Youth and The Pixies about 5 times each in the top 30, I figured to see Appetite for Destruction somewhere above 59th and I also expected at least one band like Metallica, Iron Maiden, ACDC, and Van Halen to show up. Who runs this site?

It's the biggest indie/hipster site out there. Of course they're not going to agree with a hard rock fan.

There's such a huge cultural divide between stereotype "hipsters" and stereotype "rawkers" -- someone should really make a film or TV show out of it.

"The Odd Couple for a new generation!" - Armond White

On topic, I thought this list was terrible. Pitchfork just try way too hard. "B.O.B." isn't even Outkast's best song -- the fact that they almost purposely didn't rank "Hey Ya!" above it just speaks to how deliberately contrary they are. Like, um, Armond White. :book: