gotta question on the toronto show!

axltheman2003

Well this will be my 2nd time seeing gnr but I have never traveled out of the country to see them. I live in the states in pa. ? Is for anyone who has been to that arena is there street parking or lot parking or how does that work. I notice on ticketmaster for some of the shows there was parking tickets what's that mean? And do u need a passport to get into canada? Any info would be helpful

Well this will be my 2nd time seeing gnr but I have never traveled out of the country to see them. I live in the states in pa. ? Is for anyone who has been to that arena is there street parking or lot parking or how does that work. I notice on ticketmaster for some of the shows there was parking tickets what's that mean? And do u need a passport to get into canada? Any info would be helpful

The show is taking place at the Air Canada Centre (but referred to as the ACC around here). It's located in downtown Toronto, a ten minute walk from the CN Tower. You'll most likely take the QEW Highway into the city which drives right by the ACC. There will be parking all around the venue. There is street parking on Front street but can be hard to find, though generally it's free after 9:00 pm. The parking lots right besides the ACC are generally fairly expensive for events ($20 and up), so if you want something cheaper look for parking along Front street (google map it). The ACC is a five minute walk south from Front Street. There are a lot of decent sports bars and restaurants along Front street if you want to get here a little early and enjoy yourself before the show. I think in 2006 we had a fan get together at the Loose Moose on Front.

As for needing a passport, you won't need one to get into Canada, but will need one to get back into the US. So yeah, be sure to bring it along if you want to get home. I did hear there is some sort of "enhanced" drivers license available in some US states that permit travel over the border, but as a Canadian citizen I don't know much about that.

Hope this helps and if you have any other questions send me a message.

Cheers,

Andrew

how far is your hotel from the venue? i would highly suggest not driving to the ACC. Take a taxi

I second the not driving to the ACC option. Parking will cost you. Although, once upon a time there was at least one cheap lot fairly close to the venue, but I don't know if it still exists (was a small lot towards lakeshore/gardiner).

I would make sure you have a passport as US customs requires them. I've heard about the enhanced license too but I don't know what's involved. Ugh. I crossed the border back in 2000 with someone who had no ID at the time, he completely forgot his wallet, and they didn't even check. How times have (sadly) changed.

how far is your hotel from the venue? i would highly suggest not driving to the ACC. Take a taxi

I second the not driving to the ACC option. Parking will cost you. Although, once upon a time there was at least one cheap lot fairly close to the venue, but I don't know if it still exists (was a small lot towards lakeshore/gardiner).

I would make sure you have a passport as US customs requires them. I've heard about the enhanced license too but I don't know what's involved. Ugh. I crossed the border back in 2000 with someone who had no ID at the time, he completely forgot his wallet, and they didn't even check. How times have (sadly) changed.

being from NY an enhanced license will get you in and out of Canada and Mexico via car not plane. in ny its 30 in addition to regulare license fee

• 2 months later...