Devin Townsend project

bt88

So Devin Townsend, formerly of the metal powerhouses Strapping Young lad, put together a solo record that is so far from the standard metal. It has some elements of metal, a lot of pop choruses and even some techno/disco beats in it That sounds weird I know but its good. Devin's voice is good when he screams or sings but its balanced out by Anneke van Giersbergen's beautiful voice. She was the singer of the band The Gathering. I recommend checking it out, just keep an open mind and it might just stick in your head for days. Heres one song called "Bend it like Bender"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrV5GBrUAOI&feature=related

It appears that Addicted is more on the "dance-able" side. His albums under the name Devin Townsend alone are more on the Progressive Metal side. You should give Ziltoid The Omniscient a listen. The subject-matter is a bit silly, but the music is amazing.

But he uses a lot of styles in his albums.

Edited by LightningBolt

Alright, I just started to give this album my own listen. I was gonna get around to it eventually, but I had nothing better to do so here I am. 3 songs in and it's a strange one. The style would just be straight-up impossible to place in a single genre. It's incredibly catchy. There's still screaming. It's just crazy. Definite recommend to anyone, even if you're not into metal.